Wednesday 1 April 2015

Small Appliances I Really Really Want and Other Drool-Worthy Items

Small Appliances I want but don't really really need. (Yikes now I've got the Spice Girls singing "so tell me what you want, what you really, really want" in my head. That is a catchy line. )

A new bread machine 

The old one here in the house served well for at least a couple of decades. Dutifully  retired to the BSAG,  Basement Small Appliance Graveyard now (Hubby thinks parts may be useful for something...does that sound familiar in your house?) and it is sadly missed.  I loved making pizza and touten dough and the odd fancy smancy bread loaf in it.

Breville - Custom Loaf Bread Maker - BBM800XL


This is the Breville Bread maker which is supposed to be the most advanced one on the market.  Lots of computerized dodads.  We like our Breville electric kettle very much so...


A T-fal fryer  

Honestly, I'm a little afraid to have this one in my kitchen.  Would I go crazy with the deep frying?  I'm torn because 'deep fried' simultaneously conjures up two thoughts to me...unhealthy and tasty...warring words. But then there is tempura which I love, so...




An Ice Cream Maker

Not so much for the ice cream, but the sorbets and cold fruit mixtures, so says she. I do think I would be using it to make frozen fruit desserts mostly, but it would be nice to be able to make homemade ice cream for  special occasions too.

cuisinart pure indulgence 2 quart frozen yogurt sorbet and ice cream maker model number ice-30bc
This Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker gets a very high rating from Good Housekeeping.

I grew up on a street and during a time when women got a new toaster for their birthday.  I'm not adverse at all to getting a small appliance for mine, just for the record.

Speaking of toasters, I'll direct you to a catalogue that is famous for offering the very first pop-up toaster and that is Hammacher Schlemmer, which says it offers the best, the only and the unexpected and has the distinction of being the oldest catalogue company in the U.S.


I've been loving this catalogue for many, many years and presently have two of their products, a cashmere cardigan and a leather travel purse.  I have my eye on the County Kildare Reading Shawl made in Ireland and marketed perfectly to people like me (wool lovers, readers and dwellers in cold lands).


The County Kildare Reading Shawl.

Not especially fashionable but as the blurb says, great for curling up with a good book on a cold night.
A link to their website is HERE and their mail order catalogue with many, many drool worthy items is free.


No comments :