Friday 23 September 2016

I Wish...Newfoundland Thoughts

If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.

                                                      Frank Herbert


I wish I was home again
Truthfully this is a sometimes wish.
I see photos of my grandparent's house and wish I lived there. All of my life, wherever I lived, I always said I was returning to Newfoundland when I retired.  Sometimes  people would bring up the weather or the lack of amenities, how much it cost to fly out of there or whatever.  My stock answer was always, you don't go home for the weather, you go because it's home.

  I know exactly how my life would be each and every day.  I know I would look at the ocean with the same appreciation for its beauty that I always felt and wrote about so ineptly as a student.
So it is a little ironic that here I am living four provinces away from Newfoundland. And enjoying it.
Here my views are mostly pastoral and there is such beauty in that too.

In my more naive days I used to believe Life Is What You Make It for the most part.  That was my motto when I lived in communities that were considered isolated.  Now sometimes I think I am a little too tired or too old to call up all that mind over matter stuff and just want life to run smoothly regardless of where I'm living.
 I'd like to hear only good news; my friends all having lovely grand babies, see photos of wonderful vacations or lovely birds at the feeders and every test result be a good one.  Wouldn't it be nice if when you turn a certain age, that's exactly how life could go.
Now there's a wish worth wishing for.

 Anyway, enough about that.

Last look at my FINISHED cross stitched Floral Bouquet.  Both of my grandmothers would have loved this.


Happy Belated Autumn Equinox!  Time has a way of slipping past doesn't it.


I know I love it too.  How about you?


No comments :