Monday 26 June 2017

Should I Buy This?

I visit a lot of your blogs and it is a favourite pastime of mine.  I've noticed a number of you are using this particular tool and are very positive about both the time it saves you and the accuracy of your resulting fabric pieces.

                                     Image result for accuquilt

Cutting fabric always makes me nervous.

It is something I'm not great at and getting it accurate even with a rotary cutter is also not a strong point of mine.  I'm a little like the old saying...can't draw a straight line even with a ruler.  I can't seem to cut accurately even with the rotary cutter.  And it's a whole other issue trying to keep the blades sharp-mine never seem as sharp as I see on the videos with the single pass through making a crisp sharp cut.

So should I buy this?

  An Accuquilt is what I'm talking about.  It isn't cheap and would mean an investment and a commitment to future quilts I would have to make to justify the purchase.

                            Image result for accuquilt
I do have a lot of cutting coming up.  I purchased this fabric to make a quilt for our bed...the red, white and blue a nod to our Union Jack roots. ( Hubby being English born and the Union Jack was the provincial flag of  my home province, Newfoundland and Labrador till 1980.)

I just have to settle on a pattern or patterns.  More about that search in another post.

                                      Image result for colonial manor fabric projects



I'm debating.  I could ask for it for my birthday.
What do you think?  I understand there are several of these machines.
 Is there one you would recommend??

While I ponder that, I've just put together lunch for us...bulgur, spinach, apple, cranberries, and pecans.  That's a little goat cheese in my portion.


 I made this little apple cider vinaigrette to coat it.


1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons honey, a little salt and pepper.
Tasty!

And for the rest of the day...easy guess, stitching.



Happy Stitching All!
And happily linking up with Cooking Up Quilts ,  Love, Laugh, QuiltMolli Sparkles and A Life in Patchwork.








No comments :