Thursday 14 December 2017

A Happy Robber, An Elf and My FMQ Adventure

Tuesday we had a snowfall alert for a 36 hour period. Such is met with mixed reactions...glee for the snowmobilers, skiers and kids hoping for a snow day.  But not so happy for anyone traveling.

Then Wednesday, temperatures plummeted to minus 26C with windchill overnight so walking the dogs early morning was definitely a dress up affair.  I even got out the balaclava Hubby had bought me at Princess Auto.  It is bright orange so I struck quite a striking picture in the white woods. Hubby said I looked like a happy robber.

No not really...you can't make these things look un-menacing.  Hope this picture doesn't scare anyone!!

 But it covered my cheeks which was all I wanted.
 Then I had to shovel the front steps because shovelling is my job and I like them cleaned off. This is good for me and keeps the body parts moving.  And all that fresh air is invigorating.

 I really like the Down to Earth blog and came across this posting.  I found it very interesting.  Animals are remarkable adaptors and considering how us humans keep spreading it's a good thing they are.

How Animals Move Through Cities

I loved having a little elf stop by to help me decorate for Christmas.  What a good reason to get it all done.

And I enjoyed watching his way of decorating too like the garland should hang like a waterfall


and these red birds should stick close together because they're friends.


Stitching news: Nice to have a finish to report!

I have my little Happy Scrappy Trees table runner finished and on said table.  I wish now I had widened it but the length is just right.  I dropped Tree #12 because it was too much like one of the others.  I used FMQ to quilt it and that is always an adventure for me.



 I worked stars in the "sky" section and was pleased with those.  The slightly wonkier ones suited the wonky trees I figured. ~ Smile~


And worked out a big curl for the bottom part.  This bit was fun to do. I traced the design onto the fabric with my Frixion pen.


I had to remove all those stitches the first time because I was not pleased with the flow of the stitching. ..a little jerky in spots.  I learned to take frequent pauses and readjust and relax my hands.


I used a zigzag stitch for the binding.

A great feeling to have it done and put to use. I like these pine cones the little elf and I collected from around the property.  I keep thinking I should do something clever with them.


So "Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat" ...are you familiar?

It is adding so much to my blogging life to link up with Not Afraid of ColorThe Needle and Thread NetworkStitching Cubby Hole , Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands Quilts and Our World Tuesday.














No comments :