Sunday 17 December 2017

The Down Side of Christmas (And There is One)

Has this ever happened to you?

Yesterday I went into my sewing room feeling a little down...just a bit out of sorts I guess you could call it; came out two hours later feeling just fine.

I think that proves right there that stitching is theraputic. As long as this is true for me, I can justify the cost of all those pretty things I buy for this habit of mine.

Truthfully, I have to guard my feelings a little this time of year.  Christmas was always very special to Newfoundlanders and a highly celebrated time of year. Memories of  Home Christmases are still very much with me and I can miss Newfoundland and family and the happier old times very much.

I know I am not unique with this situation; Christmas becomes delicate for many of us for any number of reasons.  Kind of sad that there is that down side to Christmas.  I work hard to not dwell on it but it creeps in from time to time.

But getting on with it...as needs must!

The wonderful Nurdan Kanber has designed this Christmas cross stitch project to celebrate the beloved Little Women book by Louisa May Alcott.  Did you read the book or see one of the movie versions?


                               


I love how these old movies endure through the decades.  This is a clip from the Little Women version with Susan Sarandon, Claire Danes and Wynona Rider.  A little Christmas music too.


On the Stitching Front

The pretty hearts for the Scandinavian Christmas border...


Are now all appliqued and I have the sore finger tips to prove it. Used a few band aids along the way.
Is there anyone else who just can't get used to thimbles??  I  just thought of one of my grandmothers who would have put that this way..."used yourself to thimbles".


 I loved making the house and angel.  I thought Santa would be my favourite but no. I do love houses.


Poor angel is headless here.


My Wall now and she is sporting a head!


Santa is up last but certainly not least. This morning will be my stitching time today as a get together is on the agenda for supper.  I plan to make some sort of pineapple fluff thing for dessert. I have fresh pineapple, a favourite of Hubby's.  I'll let you know how that turns out.




Hope all is rosy in your December garden today! (I'm sure that is actually true for my friends in the Southern Hemisphere!)

Something that makes me so happy is to be able to link up with other stitchers the world over through these marvelous sites-Kathy's QuiltsSmall Quilts and Doll Quilts,Love Laugh QuiltSew Can She,
Free Motion By the River,and Show & Tell With Bambi.

1 comment :

claudy said...

Bonjour, j'ai adorée vous lire et votre patchwork est sublime bonne continuation.claudette de québec