Thursday 25 January 2018

Scary Tracks and Tons of Thursday Things

We both love oatmeal and I love using the large flake in cookies, squares and cobblers, etc.




Have you seen this- another new to me item.... brown and maple sugar.  Goes great with a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast. I like getting it in these little packets so it doesn't have a chance to harden.
                               Image result for red path maple sugar

I love this dish I found at a thrift store.  The only marking on the bottom reads Japan and not a chip on it. I couldn't resist the little bird sitting in the center.  The shape could be both a butterfly and/or leaves.  Someday I'll do a little research on it.


This is one of the most interesting things about having the ground snow covered. Every day we see different tracks and there must be a good smell in them because the dogs will nose each track.  Generally, I can identify them.


Sometimes the tracks can be a little scary; well not scary exactly just a little unnerving I guess you could say.
 After a recent snowfall, we saw where someone...a person, had walked out of the woods and up our lane way to the road.  We have never encountered any stranger here so wondered.  I should say that we border 12 acres of woodland on the right and 10 acres directly behind us, none of it fenced. We have permission from the elderly couple behind us to use their walking trails.

I picture us something like this wonderful illustration I came across in inspiration on Pinterest...uploaded by Scott Hanson. (If you know the artist, please let me know.)

                           

We have only encountered someone once, a woman walking her dog, down on those trails. Looking closely, I could see whoever it was used walking poles and had a shorter step than me.  I figured it was someone older who had travelled up the trail and found themselves at our lane way.
Yes, the FBI will be calling any day now for my tracking skills...lol.

This book, The Heirs by Susan Rieger, accompanied my stitching last week.  It was interesting...a wealthy family of mother and five sons find out after the father's death that all the while he had had another family who now consider themselves heirs too.


Speaking of stitching...fingers have been flying...

I feel the need to have this piece all quilted soon.  In fact I've got a stated OMG to have it done by the end of the month.



And my snowball production continues in those times when the fingers start creaking a bit.


It wouldn't be Thursday without linking to Not Afraid of Color, week 73 now which is hard to believe. Also linking to Em's ScrapbagBusy Hands Quilts, and Sew Fresh Quilts.

No comments :