Thursday 23 November 2017

Something of Mom's and I like Free Patterns

My mother did quite a lot of cross stitch in her day and loved it very much.  When she downsized she gave me a bag of pieces she had completed but never framed.  I thought of them the other day and got them out to have a look.  I had thought of framing something of hers for my sewing room (inspiration) and realized one of the smaller patterns would work well for a pin cushion.

The message is a good one for these uneasy times...praying or whatever it is we have to do to soothe ourselves and feel that calm heads will prevail and that good will overcome no matter what.  Smile


This was the simplest of ideas to stitch together.  I must be thinking of Christmas because the red and green in the fabric jumped out at me. It was a good sized piece I found in my scrap box (while searching for something else...which seems to be the way I find a lot of things these days, lol).  The plain though cheery red backing was from an old shirt that I disassembled.


Now I have something else of Mom's near by and when my eye falls on it, I always think of her.  And it is nice to have a finish, though tiny, in the midst of all my long term projects.

There are oodles of wonderful pin cushion patterns and one of the cutest patterns is at Tilda's World.
The Link is here.  Of course her fabrics add to the beauty of this.  I've already downloaded this pattern.

Pincushion

You came along with me for my little journey making Sew Spooky from the free October patterns provided by Cheri Payne.  Cheri has also put together a Christmas Sew Merry Sew Along and again generously shares the patterns for 6 blocks.  You can find them at the Quilts By Cheri~Friendship Group under Files at Facebook.
There is also a Santa Claus pattern there that people are using to make wonderful hangings. They say it is a very quick and easy project.
Cheri is still battling serious health issues but continues to be optimistic and encouraging to all of us!

I like this very cute Yarn Basket ornament for the knitters out there.
 Here is the link to the free pattern at Ravelry.














And talented Caroline from Sew Can She has a free pattern and tutorial for a potholder pattern( or anything else you would like to make from it) on Craftsy; you can check this out when you go looking for the Black Friday deals.   That link is here.
Log Cabin is one of my favourite patterns.  Is it one of yours?




And Hexies seem to be everywhere these days!

Well, I'm not going to be everywhere today but I will be shopping.  According to the calendar it's time to take gift shopping seriously.

And to all my American friends, enjoy this wonderful day laden with a tradition of saying thank you and that we all like!

Image result for vintage thanksgiving day pictures


Thankful too for friends who host link up parties like the following:-
 Not Afraid of Color             Good and Random Fun       It's a Small Town LIfe                        Quilting is More Fun Than Housework    Sew Fresh Quilts     Busy Hands Quilts
Sew Can She

No comments :