Tuesday 26 April 2022

Shopping Purchases, The Perfect Nanny, To Do List, More Panama Pyramid Blocks

 I love the look of ivy trailing along a wooden shelf. The dining room back at the farm had almost floor to ceiling windows so lots of bright though indirect light. Above was my English Ivy also called Common Ivy -there are actually two plants there...the plant I have now is remnants of one of these.

My audio book this week is The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani.

 It was voted one of the top ten best books last year by the New York Times Book Review.  I am enjoying it too. Though a translation,  passages are beautifully written. It's turning out to be more a character study kind of read. Nannies, who usually are very poor, hold an interesting/complex place in rich households; so close providing affection and kindness, yet just employees. 

I love things that light up and bought this very heavy crackled glass item from Wayfair. The two Bluebirds have a string of lights inside and sit, center mantel, in front of a photo of the two lovebirds, LOL.  

I promised to show you what I bought on my shopping trip last week. After months in cozy and casual wear, I decided I needed a couple of dressier items.  This first blouse is a viscose material and drapes well. Tiny pale blue dots all over it. Very light and airy so will be good when the weather turns hot and muggy.
 It seems polka dots, which I happen to love, are very popular this spring. I had three tops in my cart at first and thought that a little excessive so returned one. This one below is also a soft material, not cotton and black with white dots. I like the stand up collar and the curved hem. 
To Do this week...
Make an appointment to get my hair professionally cut. That will be a biggie for me. ✔ Appointment made for Friday morning. 

Sew more seeds.

Get the last of the Tumbling Blocks slabs sewn together.

Prep more of the Panama Pyramid blocks. Great to have them ready when sewing time crops up.
OH yes, almost forgot...finish my OMG for April. Thank you all for suggestions as to what could occupy the little empty space. As someone suggested, I have a little vase applique made. Now need to make the templates for the tiny flower.

Final week of another month. It is tiresome to say again how fast these days are flying but they really are! Enjoy every minute!!

Enjoying linking with Texas Quilt GalQuilt Fabrication and Life in the Scrapatch.




13 comments :

Libby in TN said...

Both new tops look to be just your style. Love the bluebirds (and the lovebirds).

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those quilts you show at the end. I too have been shopping for clothing after two years of being mainly at home in yoga pants, and leggins and sweatshirts/tee shirts it was time for a few new tops and pants.

Jenny said...

Clothes shopping and a visit to the hairdresser! Good on you, fun times. I love your little bluebird ball, so pretty.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Lots of pretty things! Those blue birds from Wayfair sure are pretty though.

piecefulwendy said...

Your ivy is growing so well! I don't have house plants anymore, thanks to a cat who tries to eat any plant/flower I bring into the house. Those two blouses are lovely. I like the polka dot one; it looks so festive and ready to party! Your quilt projects are looking good, too!

Anonymous said...

A comment to let you know how much I enjoy your musings and pictures. Thank you for the time you put into it for us. Southwest CT is sunny but cool again today. Pamela

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blue bird light is lovely, Jocelyn! Tumbling Blocks is such a neat design - it sounds like you're making good progress on it. I'm impressed with your shopping acquisitions - finding the right thing can be challenging! They look stylish, but also comfy.

Scrapatches said...

So many pretty photos and projects. I love the bluebirds/lovebirds. I planted this ivy outside in two places a few years ago and it is nice but very slow growing. One is on the lattice around our deck. I shall have to take a photo someday. The other is under a trellis where I am hoping it will grow up and over. So far that one is choosing to be more of a ground cover, but the corner needs that, too, so I am letting it take its time and do what it wants. I have marbled queen pothos growing in my pots around the windows in my house. I keep making more when I trim them. I love green growing things. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Sandra Walker said...

Thank you for the book recommendation, sounds very interesting. I, too, have a light similar to that that I was given as a gift, from Wayfair too! It's solar, and I have it on our patio table, so bright at night! The bluebirds look so real in yours. I grinned at your 'in front of the two lovebirds' quip. :-)

Linda said...

Love the Bluebirds light, I love lighted stuff too. Your quilts look pretty and cozy. Good luck with your hair appointment! I just had mine highlighted and trimmed and feel so much better now. I love the style and fabrics of your new tops.
Thanks for linking to To Do Tuesday!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

The birds are beautiful. Yes Ivy on the hutch looked so pretty! Your blouses look great for wearing out and about. I broke down and purchased some nice cool blouses to wear out, although I love my white t-shirts down here in South Texas - they keep me cool. Your projects are really coming along nicely! Hugs

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would have been sorely tempted over that bluebird lamp too - hmmm, wonder if they would have a chickadee one.
Seeing your polka dot items - I hauled out my 'travel pj bottoms' this morning and put them in the wash. That, in itself, isn't the least bit interesting but - they too are polka dotted.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The tumbling blocks have such a great traditional feel to them. Good luck with--and enjoy--the hair appt!