Thursday 7 December 2017

I Like a Little Morris in My Life

I know a lot of us like this saying by William Morris because I see it on your blogs. 
Image result for morris have nothing in your house
My Morris inspired bag is one I bought at a quilting store and really value. I only use it to house my good wool or some such in the sewing room.  Someday it might see the light of day LOL.




I just got out my Morris scarf (as I call it) again to wear now with the colder weather and just love it so much.  It is one of two scarves that I've received compliments from perfect strangers about. 


I also love Michele Hill's blog  William Morris in Quilting. Michele writes about all things Morris and also shares beautiful photos of life happenings.  I go back a ways with Michelle because I'd bought her book long before this blogging business came along.       
Her book is gorgeous with beautiful templates. I've pored over it many times.


I also own this book of cross stitch patterns adapted from Morris works.


And  I loved working on this cross stitch design from the book.  It's called Strawberry Thief and I really need to get it framed.


My sister gave me this beautiful book for Christmas last year.


The sweet illustrations are by Liz Catchpole.  So soft and pretty.


The post Black Friday sales beckoned me and I did cave in. Of course, I've had my eye on various Morris inspired fabrics for quite some time. This one is Moda's William Morris 2017 by the Victoria and Albert Museum.  Mine came from the great folks at  Green Fairy Quilts.



It just arrived and my big question for myself will be...can I cut into such beautiful fabric! The idea of chopping it up just seems too harsh or something.  My scissors and (especially) I are not worthy. LOL
What pattern out there will warrant doing that.

 But I do feel myself edging closer to working something Morris like in fabric so if you know of something, please let me know.  I welcome all suggestions!

There's something in the blues in particular that I just love.


But do you have a favourite fabric you can't bear to cut?  Or perhaps I just need to give it time.

So that's my current Morris likes.  How many of you share my interest in his work?


And here are places where Positivity Reigns- Not Afraid of ColorIt's A Small Town Live and Good and Random Fun.



No comments :