Monday 5 November 2018

Free Patterns, Redwork Reindeer Stitching, Quilting Pumpkins, Mother Trees

This is one of the Mother trees on this property.  Surviving for over a hundred years and still sending out leaves that turn this unique yellowish colour.  This is a side of the house where the basement exit is that I've never shown you either...there is my outside compost bin on the lower left.  This tree is visible from our bedroom window and produces quite a show all year round.  The woodpeckers love it and all the blackened limbs when snow laden are beautiful too.
After a short rainfall,the light was strange, illuminating, yet through the trees slightly foggy.  
I saw this idea on Jenny of Elefantz's blog and made a note to try it; the idea being to use Naan bread for mini pizzas. I kept the toppings pretty tame- pizza sauce, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.  I've since seen them with a curried chicken topping which I think would be even better.  We really liked them but Hubby thought they didn't hold up well structurely (spoken like a true engineer!)..they became very soft in the middle but maybe that was the way I baked them.  Good eating just the same and so fast, just 8 minutes in the oven. Here is a "recipe" from Genius Kitchen for Naan Bread Pizzas.


I just thought this the cutest little thing and knew I had to share it because so many blogging friends are also cat lovers.
adorably tiny knitted parlor cat | the knitting space


The free knitting pattern is available from The Knitting Space; while there have a look around.  They have an archive of amazing patterns especially animal miniatures.

My latest redwork block finished last night... such wonderful antlers. I'd thought of doing daisies but worked French knots instead because I needed the practice. I think I have one more block left to do and then it will be decisions re borders, etc.

And as it turns out, I skipped quilting one of the pumpkins so must rectify that today.


Our cloudy fall continues...we had one day of sun, yesterday, which was wonderful, and now back to the rainy, gloomy stuff.  But all bright and cheerful inside here at the wooden house.
Have a good week all!

Always happy to link this post with Kathy's QuiltsQuilting is More Fun Than Housework, Free Motion By the River, and The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments :