Sunday 18 November 2018

Too Soon She Said

It snowed steadily for a couple of days with the kids enjoying a snow day on Friday.
So I had to get out and shovel since shovelling is my job here and one that I enjoy.

Here I am at the beginning when I had the energy to pose a little for the camera. The snow was heavy so I was careful with the lifting part.  I'm mindful of my hands and fingers too.


Rex, being a German Shepherd, has a double fur coat and is quite comfortable lying on the snow and just supervised most of the time.

I've been having fun researching border ideas for my After the Snow panel.


  I settled on these two fabrics which coordinate with the colours in the panel. I'm sewing little square in a square blocks, some by hand.  Set on point they should provide enough interest for an edging. This is a true fun project... photos of this next time.


I've also explored the idea of using a little trapunto to emphasize some of the scene.  I watched a most interesting video on accomplishing just that with a panel not unlike mine. I was amazed again by the notion that whatever you can think of, there is a already a video for it on the net.


Been in a little creative slump even though I am sleeping better than in a long while.  I've decided to listen to violin music (my favourite) while writing


or doing this...Lexulous which I play by myself on the computer.  I'm not that great at it as I still haven't collected 700 points in a game which is my goal.  Any of you play this?

                                                 Image result for lexulous 

 So that's me for this Sunday.  Trying to jiggle those brain cells any which way I can while winter settles steadily around me no matter how much I cry "too soon".
Hope your day is going great.
Happy too to link with Kathy's Quilts, Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Cooking Up Quilts , Frontier Dreams, Esther's Quilt Blog and Em's Scrapbag.

No comments :