Sunday 26 May 2019

Stitching Two Kind of Baskets

Ontario's provincial flower is in bloom and it is lovely. The white trillium.  It is the state wildflower for Ohio. It is also called wood lily and snow lily.
 Though it blooms for several weeks, it doesn't hold up for an indoor bouquet sadly. But it is wonderful to see them dotting the forest floor.
The sky lately...our weatherman said this would be wonderful weather we are having...if it were November!
Today, Sunday, there is more warmth flowing between the sky and the ground it seems. The breezes are not making me shiver, so maybe we are taking steps into the next season which now should be near summer. But I must hasten to add, the weather does not dampen my enjoyment of the daily walks about the place. No, not a bit.
I have not achieved my Elm Street Quilts OMG for May- yet. That was to get 20 more basket blocks finished.  I made 8 with 3 more in the works so well off the mark.  However, I did make better strides with the photograph blocks.
 My excuse, more time puttering in the garden including time spent splitting and moving wood with the immense indespensible help from a family member who came to help out.  I now have enough wood for the pool stove for the summer and our fireplace for next winter all close at hand.

The view from my pet chair...another rabbit much smaller than the one I showed you before. Can you spy him? He's flirting with a bit of danger there because this is the back yard and Rex and Murphy's domain.
I'm also working on my Cornwall Cottage basket. Love the slow and soothing stitching that is cross stitching. So soothing that I forgot to check the pattern and sewed far too many stitches across that middle line between the handles. A little unsewing will fix it but I was hoping the good luck I'd had with no stitching errors so far would continue.  Oh well.
Heads Up and prior notice for this SAL, the first ever from Shabby Fabrics.
The North Pole Sampler Sew Along promises to be beginner friendly.  Pretty fabrics.

I'm sure not thinking of Christmas but I know many of you are.
Happy Sunday all!
Linking this post with Quilting is More Fun Than HouseworkEsther's Quilt BlogQuilt Fabrication and Kathy's Quilts.

16 comments :

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty flowers sprinkled around your woods, Jocelyn! Love seeing the rabbits, too - we have them in our yard and watch for them on our evening walk through the neighborhood. Your baskets are so pretty, and your stitchery, too! Hope you've enjoyed some time spent stitching today!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those flowers and your view are all stunning!

Libby in TN said...

My mother loved trilium, and I do too. But I've never seen white ones. Our last house had a crop of the magenta ones that I watched for every year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all your stitching. About 5 years or more I had one trillium grow that just started on it's own by the azeala's - now there are three of them - they do not flower like this though - here is a link to the kind we have here - https://anps.org/2018/03/07/know-your-natives-green-trillium/ - I had no idea they have a rhizome bulb - some time if it starts to get a lot more over the years I will dig it from where it is and break it apart and plant another.

Jenny said...

That cheeky rabbit is saying "You can't catch me!" to your dogs.

Lin said...

Your trilliums are lovely - they look gorgeous across the forest floor. xx

Judy S. said...

Love that trillium and all your pretty projects, too.

Kim said...

I try not to think of Christmas till it comes aknocking at my door. =) Love your baskets, both fabric and cross stitch. How lovely are the trilliums against the verdant green. It is always a good time to stitch no matter what the weather, isn't it.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Having to reverse sew has a habit of keeping us humble! Saw our first trilliums of the year today. I remember being told that they were a protected thing and were not to be picked, but not sure if that was an actual fact or if it was because my mother hated white flowers!!

DawnyK said...

Lovely wood flowers. Poor little bunny. Great to have all the firewood you need. Best of luck with your baskets for OMG, there are a few days left ;-)

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks like a fun Christmas sewalong.
Enjoy your lovely baskets!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looks like a fun SAL! I think we all have some LATE Spring fever!
Your baskets look great! Little Bunny had better be careful!

Julie said...

I love trilliums and I saw that sew along from Shabby Fabrics, but decided I had too many projects in the works! I love your baskets.

Angie said...

Jocelyn - the pure white and simple three-lobe flower of the Trillium have always entranced me. A lovely harbinger of spring - and yes, weather has continued to be quite cool. But I don't mind - we don't want it to get too warm too fast and bring on fire season! You're not the first to "overstitch" and you won't be the last … the sampler is still a beauty!

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love trillium! Your baskets look wonderful!!! I'm hoping a true Spring will hit your area soon! Before we know it, Summer will be here...and then gone :( Have a great week!

Susan said...

You might not have reached your goal, but you made quite a few. That quilt is on my bucket list, too. My best friend was making them when she died, and I always wanted to finish one for her. I don't have hers, so it will be just mine. Well, I think I have ONE of hers, and the book, of course.