Sunday 12 May 2019

Tulips On String Blocks, Cute Photo

Flowers for spring...appliqued on strings. 

And this cute photo...mothers in nature are the fiercest!  Precious photos.
Mother's Love

Happy Mother's Day to all celebrating! There is no doubt becoming a mother is one of the great enterprises of life.  And if all works out, a lifelong journey at that.

Wearing his summer coat, here is the rabbit we think overwintered in the backyard. We see this fellow sometimes on the trail closest to the house.  I took this photo from a great distance and you can see he is lifting his nose and getting a smell-perhaps me. He immediately turned and hopped away.
And here is little chipmunk, the only one around this spring. I was happy to watch him popping in and out of the wood stick home I piled up over two autumns. I knew it was being used as I saw various tiny tracks in the snow sometimes throughout the winter.

When I return from my Mother's Day outing, I hope to continue appliqueing flowers onto the string blocks. The latest template, a sort of tulip for spring. On a bit of a roll and I would like to keep the momentum going.

Hope you have the momentum rolling today too.
Happily  linking with Kathy's Quilts and Viewing Nature with Eileen,.





18 comments :

Libby in TN said...

What a mom that first chick is! Similar coloring to our Killdeer.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the little chipmunks but only see them when we go west to the mountains, they don't live here - they sure are a pest at the campgrounds and we do not feed them but they sure are cute-- have a great day

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Mother's Day. There is a lot of "mothering" happening in my yard. Nests of Blue Birds, a Cardinal, Cat Birds, frogs and toads.
xx, Carol

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such cute critters! Happy Mother’s Day from all of us!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Happy Mother's Day to you! The PLover photo is so cute. I love the bunny too. Cute chipper and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead!

Nancy J said...

Lovely photo, legs below and all huddled up in Mum's feathers. Yes, so many of us have lost our Mums, and equally, so many who want to be a Mum are not. Wet and windy here, fire lit, and coffee made at 6 a.m.

Robin said...

Love the tulips on the string blocks. I've got to make a tulip quilt because seeing them always makes me happy.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jocelyn! Hope you've had a lovely day, and some time to stitch on those tulips. They are so pretty and appealing!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Happy Mother's Day. Wow the plover is so funny. Great photos.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Mother's Day! It's wonderful when the momentum is strong... enjoy!

Stewart M said...

Love those little furry folk! And that first picture is a classic.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Nana said...

Mama-bird and kids... so lovely.

Nana

Jenn Jilks said...

I've never done a quilt. My granddaughter's class is secretly doing one for a teacher who is retiring! So fun. I love your projects.

Allie said...

Adorable wildlife pictures, Jocelyn!!! And I adore your tulips - so pretty!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

All those little legs beneath that bird made me smile!

Angie said...

Jocelyn - kudos on that first photo, a selection that speaks volumes about motherhood. It clearly resonated with many of your readers! Belated Happy Mother's Day to you!

Karen said...

Interesting pieced background for the tulips.

custom embroidery digitizing said...

This is really informative blog article to all the beginners for developing their skill on concern field.