Tuesday 26 July 2022

Four Favourite Things, Floral Motif Sampler Finish, Basket Case Near Finish

The Wooden House in July Showing Hydrangeas
 We had to set the alarm twice last week which is just so odd for us. One morning we had workers coming to work on concrete and stones and the other morning, we had a vet check up appointment for Ned.  He goes to the doctor more often than I do. Anyway, such is the life of the retired and grateful I am for every minute of it.

Four things I love in this photo below...my tabletop Ott Lite, my Mama Bird mug which holds a lot of coffee or tea, my Morris bag which held my Floral Motif Sampler cross stitch project and my too pretty to write in Naturalist's Notebook.
That beautiful book, a gift from my sister, is a 5-Year Natural History Journal. It is perfect for the person who notices and likes to keep track of nature's happenings around them whether urban or rural. On my August birthday,  I intend to make a start in it. 
And the cross stitched Floral Motif Sampler is a finish now to finally share with you.
It is 15 by 19 inches and was begun January 21 as my New Year start. Begun on a stormy day with the world winter white I might add. 

Stitched two over two on 28 count Winter Moon Cashel linen.

Now to do, dig out The Jackrabbit and tiny handsewn needlebook to restart this one. 
On the Sewing Room table is Basket Case nearing the end of its journey.
 I have to choose a binding fabric. I checked back with Michelle and learned she had used a brown neutral so that gives me some ideas. Hopefully this will be finished this week too. 
 Cooler today, a nice break from the heat, and great walking weather. Ned already had a little chase after a deer down by the pond.  No leash this time to cause me issues. 
Join me if you can on Thursday when I will be sharing more free beauties. 

22 comments :

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow, the cross-stitch is stunning! Beautiful!

Nancy J said...

Your Wooden House photo, what a delight to see it in reality and that lovely garden out the front. You have a lot on the go, but the finished sampler is truly beautiful. Hope it will be on show every day.

Libby in TN said...

Your house is so pretty! Love, love, LOVE the floral sampler.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't it lovely to have those special favorite items close by to enjoy?! The naturalists notebook looks like it will be fun to record things in, and look back on. The Floral Sampler is beautiful, Jocelyn! Congratulations on that finish. Basket Case will be a sweet finish, too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that large Cross Stitch it is so very pretty. I hate waking to an alarm but I need to get myself going earlier tomorrow than I normally do to for an appointment - my morning will be shot

Jenny said...

Your floral sampler is stunning, well done.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Jocelyn! What a gorgeous sampler! Wow, that was a lot of work and you made short work of it. That's only six months for all those intricate stitching. Beautiful job. I'm happy to hear that you are going to write in the Naturalist's Notebook. It is a shame to not use it - what a thoughtful gift from your sister. She'll be delighted to hear that you're writing in it. I think the brown binding will be perfect on your baskets. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, our furries sure seem to go to the Vet lots as well. Basket Case is so darn pretty!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous sampler. Your stitching is just lovely.

God bless.

Sherrie said...

Hi Jocelyn,
That's a really pretty Journal. I have a Binder I'm using as my Quilt journal. I haven't gotten too far in it yet...still gathering info on quilts I've made over the years. Your Floral Motif Sampler is awesome. And I like the new one your getting ready to start..so cute. Your Basket Quilt is awesome...love all those pretty colors...and the center basket is beautiful. Have an awesome day!

Snickelfritz said...

I think brown or black gingham would set your basket quilt off really well. I love that quilt.

grammajudyb said...

A good chairside light is essential. As is a favorite cup. Mama Bird is cute! Fabulous finish on your floral sampler. Two over two! I wonder if I could do that without too many “unstitches”! Love the delicacy of the tiny detail. Jack Rabbit looks like fun too!

PaintedThread said...

So many sewing projects. Your sampler looks great! Big mugs are a wonderful thing. :-)

Ivani said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish, Jocelyn. Your floral cross stitched sampler is awesome.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

So many beautiful things here! I love the floral sampler and the basket quilt. Good luck with the Jack Rabbit!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love this post! Thank you for the wonderful free patterns! Your quilts are gorgeous and I just love your cross stitch. I love your summer hat! I don't sit outside too much when it's very hot but I think I would love that hat if I was outdoors for very long.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful sampler...they take a long time to stitch but it is stunning! The rabbit looks like it will be a fun project! Great hat! I have a hard time finding a hat that fits and looks ok. My daughter looks great in every hat she puts on her head...me, not so much.

Happy stitching to you!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love your sampler and am amazed at how quickly you stitched it. You have good reason to be proud of it!
Your new Naturalists book looks like it is the perfect gift for you because I know how often you post about the animals and birds you see. Your sister got that gift spot on.

Susan said...

Basket Case is adorable - love the name!

Susie H said...

I certainly love your basket quilt. Your work is beautiful. That is one cute, fun-loving rabbit you'll be stitching next! Thanks for the freebies you've been sharing on Thursdays!

K Reeves said...

Those tiny baskets are so sweet, and your sampler…stunning!

Rose Marie said...

Love your sampler! Your Basket Case is lovely as well. You always have interesting projects on the go!