Sunday 8 April 2018

Garden Growing of the Quilty Kind

Bright sun in all the windows belies the cold outside.  Two things about that cold...still must bundle up with gloves and hats and the ground is slate hard so no clearing or digging yet.  It's also helping the patches of snow to hang on and the pond to stay frozen.  I watched two ducks fly over, dip down and keep on flying.

But I am getting to work lots on "gardens" inside the house.

I have this piece up to date...the Friendship Garden BOM by Kathleen Tracey.  This was a great exercise for me in machine piecing and I was pleased when it went together easily, not perfect mind you, but done.


I also worked hard on my Garden of Contentment blocks from Allie Oops.  Some got a start on their borders and it is enjoyable to work with pretty flowery material.


I will continue to work on the central block embroidering the words In the Garden of Contentment today.  On her blog, Allie Oops Sweet Happy Life, Allie explains the significance of each word she chose for each block.  There is power in such words.

Spring sunshine is so welcome!
In my pet chair cosy with my granny square afghan covering Granny's chilly legs. LOL  

I hope to have this project all done this month.

On a very sad note, Cheri Payne is now in hospice care. I am a member of the Facebook group, Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group, and there are regular updates on her health.  I've mentioned before that Cheri has been offering lots of her patterns free on that site with many of us joining several SAL's she has hosted in the last couple of years. You might know Cheri for her many quilting books and primitive style patterns -here is a Pinterest Link if you'd like to take a peek.

Joining other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts and also the wonderful stitchers at Cooking Up QuiltsSmall Quilts and Doll QuiltsQuilting is More Fun Than Housework, and Love, Laugh, Quilt.








No comments :