Sunday 15 April 2018

Least Favourite Pattern

One of the forums I follow posed the question do you have a quilt design you hate.

  I was surprised by all the dislikes for Sunbonnet Sue which definitely led the race but second was the Bow Tie pattern which I think is so cute.  Some people named the Snowball block. And a lot of people don't like boxy designs, chevrons or arrows in their quilting.

It made me think about what I don't care for especially.  I think it would have to be crosses or patterns that resemble crosses. Why? ...as a teacher I hated marking work wrong, or maybe it has to do with my church background and the cross symbolism.  I don't know.

Here is my Cross block for the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt way back in 2015...This is Nan on the design wall and looking a bit wobbly but really wasn't that bad.  She is totally unpressed because I can see the ironed seam still showing marking the center to line her up.



And conversely, what is it about star blocks that I love!  I haven't seen a star pattern that I've disliked.
Here is Coral, also for the FWS. Both these were made with EPP.


 What about you? Is there a pattern you just don't care for?? I'd be interested to know if you also dislike the leading contenders I've mentioned.

Tulips inside the house- a gift from Daughter.  By the looks of it, it will be a while here before there are tulips outside.  That glare is from the fresh 10 cm of snow covering the ground! 



So there is still a feeling of needing comfort food.  I wonder when that will end this year.  Yesterday I made this combination.  Chicken red curry soup with cabbage and pitas with hummus and sundried tomatoes.
Is this a meal you would call comfort food?


Slow stitching embroidering the last bits on my Garden of Contentment blocks. Almost done.


As we brace ourselves here for what the forecasters have upgraded from a freezing rain warning to an Ice Storm, I'm hoping you are all snug with your stitching- warm or cool depending on your weather.

Enjoying the linky party at Kathy's Quilts where Kathy talks about what resting really means these days.
Also joining Caroline at Sew Can She where she has found a fabric shop while on her southern cruise and with Love Laugh Quilt where Beth shows lovely small quilts made with scraps and orphan blocks.
Also linking with busy Myra at Busy Hands Quilts who is offering a Giveaway.  And with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts where Judy, who is now 75 years young, is showing a very cute Apples table runner and with Em's Scrapbag where Em is using nothing fancy just ordinary objects as quilting templates.
Always so much to see and learn from these wonderful sites.







No comments :