Sunday 24 June 2018

Free For the Clicking and Ginger Scones

I must admit I am in love with the internet.  Though I lived well without it on holiday, returning to it kind of heightened my appreciation again for what a marvelous tool it is. So much to find with just a few clicks.

Like these free for the clicking patterns.

Days Filled With Joy where the lovely Joy shares her free Fruit of the Spirit patterns.  I love her design for the word gentleness.

The Red Boot Quilt Company has a cache of very cute free patterns including one that I really liked...Spring Mandala.  I could envision it in bright summery kind of fabrics for a cushion or table top.

Quilt Inspiration offers a number of beautiful and free patterns.  In particular one called Orb Medallion Quilt caught my eye...sort of like a colour wheel

                              Free pattern! PDF download

and here is the link to the PDF for it....Lecian and it's a design by Rebecca Bryan of Bryan House Quilts.

Yesterday was a cloudy, rainy day and a perfect one for making scones.  I continue to expand the variety of these biscuits I've tried.  These are Ginger Scones made with both grated fresh ginger and the crystallized candied kind.  I like ginger, believe in its " good for you" kind of properties so will enjoy them from time to time with a cup of tea.  They freeze really well.  Here is the recipe from Elise at Simply Recipes.


This is another Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts and my Love Laugh Sew piece will get my attention today.
Embroidering is so relaxing.


Taken yesterday as well, between the rain drops, the oak trees framing one of the trails. -


Looks so green to my eyes and peaceful; here's hoping your day will be too (not the green part but the peaceful bit).




No comments :