Thursday 28 June 2018

Summer Skirts, WIP's Past and Present

I like the view from my pet chair.  With an open concept you basically live in one big room so from my spot I can see pretty much everything.  This is not my favourite choice with houses, btw; I would prefer a more sectioned set up but it still seems openness such as this is very popular.


Here's something I have my eye on... a skirt from Simon's, one of those stores I check out online from time to time.  I've mentioned my hips before...I used to bemoan their wideness but now I've grown to appreciate a new feature- they are still working well and, after all, did help me with two successful pregnancies and for that I am eternally grateful.
But because of them, pencil skirts are out and ones with some extra material in that region are the only choice I'm comfortable with.  I'm a little conservative when it comes to clothes generally but that ring of chintz looking flowers is beckoning. LOL



Have you made any great summer clothes purchases? Come tell me so I can check it out too.

My reworked Friendship Garden Mystery Quilt Along is down to just one more month with the last border information coming next week.  I'm very happy I took back those two borders and tweaked the corners, etc. Kathleen Tracy has provided excellent instructions all along.


A flashback to 2016 when I was finishing up the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt along.  I completed 50 of the blocks using EPP. Come to think of it, this too is folded away and needs to get quilted.  It is draped over the china cabinet there in the dining room which was also my sewing space in the old house.
"Springtime on the Farm" was my loose theme for choosing the colours from mostly scraps.


Hard to believe something that was so labour intensive could escape my memory but it did.

Here is our big boy Rex in the back yard...contemplating life. I hope he is thinking it is a good one!
He is losing his winter undercoat and looks a little ragged right now.


He is blissfully unaware his annual checkup at the vet's is late this afternoon...something both dogs find stressful. We always get the last appointment of the day to lessen the possibility of Rex encountering other animals or strangers. He is fine with our female vet and her female assistants, thankfully and actually, they love him.

Hope this last weekend in June will be a good one for you. Ours will include the annual Canada Day celebrations which I love.
Also love joining the folks at LeeAnna's Not Afraid of Color for things to like on a Thursday. Also linking with Esther's Quilt BlogBrian's Home BlogQuilting is More Fun Than HouseworkSew Fresh Quilts, and My Quilt Infatuation.










No comments :