Sunday 26 August 2018

Me in the Garden, Sunday Enjoyments

Happy Sunday all.


This is one of the embroidered tea towels I found in a thrift shop several years ago.  There is a large Dutch population here in farming country and I imagine the set was worked by someone with that connection. Or perhaps not, for who doesn't love Dutch motifs. These are from 1940's patterns so are vintage. You can buy similar patterns made by Aunt Martha at Colonial Patterns.

I had saved this picture I found on Pinterest just because I thought the embroidery stitch was interesting. Note the tiny space between each tiny stitch like a wee running stitch. Also the edging seems to be a tiny running stitch. It gives an interesting overall look especially contrasting with the stem stitch used on the wool. It also reminded me of the pulled thread work my mother used to do years ago; I think she called it drawn work.




I could not find the stitcher's name unfortunately to give credit here for a piece I enjoy looking at.

Hubby took some photos of me in the garden. I'm just learning to take photos of what is growing where as a record. I've been doing my best to tame the weeds and going in the garden is like entering the sewing room.  I may not know what exactly I am going to do at first, but within minutes the hands are busy.

I began the hand quilting on my Sew Laugh Love piece last night. I'm using one of those Frixion pens to mark the guide and this one has a name I can't remember.  I'm such a novice, I didn't know these all came with names.  It's the top one there and sorry it's such a bad photo of the actual stitching.  I am actually happy with it.

This has been a very enjoyable project to stitch. I wonder what I can find like it to do next.  Any suggestions??


I enjoy bringing a little of the garden inside but not too much. The bees and butterflies need it more than I do.  Also enjoy this new Canada mug...like so many of you, I am fussy about a mug- for me can't be too heavy or thick and must be white inside.  What are your requirements for a favourite mug?

I hope your Sunday is chock-a-block with enjoyments too.

Also enjoying being able to link with Kathy's Quilts, Bambi's Show and Tell, Love Laugh Quilt, Em's Scrapbag and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.




No comments :