Thursday 4 July 2019

My In The Garden Portrait, LeeAnna's Gift, Free Circle of Fun Delight Pattern

It's 9:15 am and these old hands of mine (with nails still unpolished)
 have already patted two furry heads and fed them, made a toasted bagel and a coffee for Hubby...turned on his light for his morning newspaper read, watered my baskets, pulled a few weeds and gotten a mosquito bite.
Me in the front garden, August, 2018
And made a cup of coffee for myself using my pretty Portobello by Inspire mug ( I always keep an eye out for Portobello mugs at Winners) which states around the inside rim..."Cherish yesterday, dream of tomorrow, live for today."  Exactly!
And now typing this post with feet up relaxing for a bit.
Last week I was happy to watch these two Northern Flickers in the grass to the side of the house, hanging around the same area as last year. I'm wondering if they are a pair. Wish they weren't so wary to get a better photo of them.
Closely cropped- I think their markings are beautiful and their heads look velvety. Wish I could pet them!
Remember my photo of the chipmunk peaking through the grass.
Lovely LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color told me she was going to do a drawing of it for me! Sure enough, I received this in my email box a couple days ago.  Not only lovely and generous but very talented which I knew already. Thank you, LeeAnna! 💟
Recently I've been searching on the internet for pretty but easy quilt patterns and found this one.  Sachico at at her Tea Rose Home blog generously offers the free PDF pattern and tutorial to make this.  It just speaks of summertime to me.  Do you have any apricot/pinks or coral kind of fabrics like these?
                     
I'd like to start a new little feature...Christmas Wishing which may also include autumn items because I do love autumn too.
Christmas Wishing #1
Cath Kidston Christmas mugs...love the images of  plum puddings and robins.
This Santa reminds me of my childhood- maybe that's why they appeal to me.

                                     Related image
Cath Kidston site has so many pretty things to check out and a good sale section too.

It is the Glorious Fourth in the United States. Our two countries share the longest undefended, international border in the world, an abiding symbol of harmony and mutual cooperation.  My hope would be that it will always be so.
Meanwhile, friends celebrating today come back and tell me what you cooked or baked-you know how I love food talk. Enjoy it all!
Linking this post with Paying Ready Attention and It's A Small Town Life.






21 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely to see you in your garden - such great looking plants you have. The bird is fantastic they are so very pretty and love the drawing of the chipmunk we do not have them down here in our area but we always see the cute creatures when we travel to the mountains in the west. I too love that we have such a long border with our neighbor to the north and there is no need to defend it! I think that really makes our two countries unique - and pleased to say all of my great grandparents and one grandpa came to the states from Quebec and settled in Wisconsin back in the very late 1800's so I very much have a tie to Canada.

PaintedThread said...

Huzzah for abiding harmony! There isn't enough of it in the world. I like your photos of the flickers - its head really does look velvety in that picture. I don't have any coral fabric like that, and now I'm wishing I did. LOL. You've had quite the productive morning. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Oh my-so many lovelies. I 'm likin that Portobello mug. Lee Anna's squirrel is so cool. I would not usually like orange fabric but I love those apricot fabrics in that mini quilt. I think that Christmas Wishing list is a good idea. The red Merry Christmas mug is my favorite. heehee. I meant to wish you a Happy Canada day and just plain forgot. We Americans appreciate your country so much. Canada is a role model for kindness and admirable lifestyles. Have a wonderful day. mary

Libby in TN said...

We started the holiday with the inaugural float in our new inflatable kayak. I hope no one was watching me get in and out! Saw a Catbird this morning -- so elegant in it's gray flannel suit of feathers and black fedora.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We enjoy the flickers at our house, too - there was a mama feeding her baby yesterday, and those babies are so hilarious and needy sounding! Even though it was the same size as the adult bird! That little quilt calls to me - I've been wanting to make something with those kind of blocks. I'll have to go download the pattern! Happy Thursday, Jocelyn!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

The birds are really so pretty. Such nice markings! I love the LeeAnna's drawing she made for you. She's so very talented. Your quilt is lovely! You chose such pretty fabrics. We'll be celebrating the 4th with your usual outdoor grilled food. I'll let you know how it goes!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such fabulous photos! Have a super day and a wonderful weekend!

LA Paylor said...

happy belated Canada day... I dated a Canadian man for 12 years off and on, and then moved to Edmonton to be with him... I am so fond of Canada. We wanted to come after DH retires but there is no retirement visa, sad. Your mugs are a pretty way to start the day, and fun to hear how you spent a morning. I was just thinking about painting the flickers as they have striking markings. May our countries always find peace...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Reading what you said about your hands reminded me of a poem about hands that I read awhile ago - and of course now I can't find it! Lucky you to have flickers so close (I've only ever seen one once or twice).

Nana said...

I think you do lovely things with your "old hands" and your "old eyes" see great things to show us.

Nana

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We used to celebrate the 4th with a huge family and friends party. Some years saw as many as 100 attend. People brought fireworks and didn't really watch their kids closely enough for me so we ended that tradition. I haven't seen a Flicker yet this year. Our temps are in the high 80 and the birds are not coming to the feeders at all right now. The drawing was a nice gift from your friend. Frame worthy I'd say. Oh, that border between our countries has had some focus from our idiot in Washington. I can only hope that our relationship with Canada does not deteriorate any further.
xx, Carol

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What a sweet post and what a sweet person to do the picture of the little bunny rabbit for you! I love your picture heading! I loved President's salute to the military and the fly overs of our Stealth Bomber and those Blue Angels! I am praying that he wins in 2020 with 70 million votes and the other's about 2 million! Hugs

Michelle said...

That chipmunk photo was just the sweetest snap and how sweet that LeeAnna made a drawing for you. I never have that much done by 9:15 :) I am up, but I like to linger over coffee and the news. Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like you are up as early as I am! That's a lot to accomplish before 9:15.


The squirrel painting is so cute and so well done. I think the flicker photos are very good. They move so quickly.

I love your quilt too. The fabrics are wonderful.

Stewart M said...

Love those Flickers - we dont get woodpeckers of any sort in Australia.
If space travel is gives you worse jet lag than air travel, I have just cancelled my astronaut training!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely set of photos! I love the flickers. So busy in the bug department!!!

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your photographs of the flickers! Wow! We don't have them here and they really do look like they have velvet heads! I love that quilt pattern. Do I have fabric like that? No but I have seen it before. It's very cheerful fabric, don't you think? Have a great day!!!

Sarah said...

Those birds are beautiful and I love the picture you received of the chipmunk!

Angie said...

Wow - I am impressed that you achieved so much before 9.15 am. I might just be finishing my second cup of coffee then! Flickers ARE so wonderful - they probably don't get the attention that they deserve. Boy - Christmas wishing - seems early but then, not really! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Shannon said...

I love that photo of you sitting in the garden! My flowerbeds are full of grass, this is their first year and I need to figure out how to get rid of it. Little ones I pull out, but there are some big clumps. Sigh. But lovely all the same! And those birds are really beautiful! We don't have any quite that pretty, but I love seeing the ones we have. I need to move the birdfeeder though, it's hung over the flowerbed and the birds keep knocking seed out which sprouts in the flowerbed (more weeds)!

INVEST WITH $200 AND GET A RETURNS OF $2,000 said...

Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com