Thursday 15 February 2018

Thursday Somewhere Else

Here I am at older daughter's house for the week.  She is gone down south for a well deserved holiday; I think I told you she works with dementia patients and is about 15 years in at her current location.  It is challenging and yet very rewarding work.  I am staying with older grandson and looking after things for her.  Any time I get to be with the grandsons is special time for me; I am all too aware how fleeting these days are.

I love her house which is smallish... about 1700 square feet on the main level. I had an apartment put in the basement where I had intended to live - I even had a special room added for a sewing room. But then I met Hubby so it is just her and grandson living here. 
Though small, the house has some really neat features like three bow windows which add a lot to the kitchen, living room and master bedroom. There is a beautiful garden on three sides and farm fields in the back. 


A kitchen nook- marvelous light for stitching and to keep an eye on the bird feeders


Her cosy little den with comfy chairs, a Vermont castings stove and lots of books

 She loves to decorate and has lots of nifty things strewn about.

Sweet hand painted tiles for the stove back splash

Coming from the big wooden house, I feel like I'm in a bit of a doll house. And it is so manageable for cleaning too.
 I love looking at houses and architecture in general and follow a couple of  Pinterest boards featuring house plans and such.  Do any of you share my love of this stuff?

I have a couple of projects with me.  This is my idea for my February CQJP, a heart-big surprise...note the fancy template I cut myself.  I used scraps to put together this heart and now the fun begins to embroider it. My goal for this week is to finish this one.


So where does this Thursday, post Valentines, find you? What are you feeling?

Thursday likes abound at LeeAnna's Not Afraid of Color ; I'm always impressed with the array of things people are posting for the Thursday link up.
Also linking with the wonderful Esther's Quilt Blog-have you seen the beautiful quilt along project Esher is designing and sharing for free?

No comments :