Thursday 3 January 2019

How I Spent New Year's Eve/ Christmas Gifts

Sleep is precious.
My quest for better sleep has led me to consider many sleep related things. I have tried to find the perfect pillow, use higher thread count pillow cases, invest in a beautiful mattress and a cosy duvet with colourful covers that I love.  Because I know for me, I do find comfort in these small things.
 I'm baffled as to why such a simple thing as sleeping eludes me sometimes. I'm getting my hour of fresh air every day, moving my body lots, eating mostly well...a bit more sugar than usual lately though.
 I can't quite put my finger on when it began to be an issue. My ex who is my friend told me it was when I had my children and getting up in the nights and the listening because nights are all about the ears on alert for us mothers. But I'm not sure about that.
  For a while there in the fall, I seemed to be sleeping well consistently.  But lately I am back to sleepless episodes...Santa coming obviously was too much for me to handle. :)
 I do worry that lack of sleep will impair me somehow...prevent my cells from their night time rejuvenating which is more important than ever, LOL, or shorten those important telomeres or make my judgement unsound.  Thank goodness it doesn't make me grumpy as Hubby has reassured me when asked.

What hath night to do with sleep? asked John Milton in 1637. Indeed!

The one thing that thousands now say helps is a weighted blanket.  Any of you give that a try? Anyway, enough about that; be thankful you have a bed I tell myself.

"I use my librarian Ninja skills," my sister said when I asked her how she always finds me the perfect book for Christmas.  Love this.



Here are a couple of other Christmas gifts I received .... I wear scarves and shawls around the house a lot so I welcome this multicoloured one. Very intrigued by the Danish Dough Whisk, a completely New To Me item.  



Here is a very brief video from Lee Valley Tools showing its use.  Mixing batter made easy with this tool, great for easing pressure on hands which I will appreciate.

How I Spent New Year's Eve

Besides watching Bird Box, eating pizza and Tim Horton's apple fritters (I was kid sitting a 14 year old- older grandson)...
 Perhaps I've added too many lines on this piece but the hand quilting was so enjoyable I just kept going.  A completely wonderful way to spend New Year's Eve, Nana style, all in all.


Love this Alphabetical Guide to Happiness poster from  The Little Truth Studio.

ABCs of Life Art Print
I try to do just about everything on this chart but that pesky last bottom of the alphabet one remains somewhat an issue.

I received a unique style ring for Christmas and will share a photo next time.  Oh and I have more of the Bonhommes en Chapeaux blocks to show as well.

Starting the New Year off right by joining these great sites- Not Afraid of ColorMy Quilt InfatuationThe Needle and Thread NetworkSew Fresh Quilts, Busy Hands Quilts and It's A Small Town Life.



No comments :