Sunday 6 January 2019

Stitching Chuck's Snowmen, Tidying By the Rules, Winter Reds

Come quick, Hubby called from the kitchen. Looking out the window, I could see a fox checking out the bird feeders. I  didn't bother running for my camera as I know these little fellows don't stick around. Instead I watched and admired how beautiful his red/orange coat looked against the fresh white snow. He soon trotted off and I reached a side window in time to watch that red disappear through the trees. I tried not to lament not getting a photo and instead think of what a wonder it is to have seen him like that sniffing his way along in front of our  house.  How great it is to live on this plot of land.  Every day, there are fresh marvels to enjoy.

Speaking of flashes of red, I did capture this shot through that kitchen window and enlarged it on the computer. I love spying their brilliant flashes but they have been scarce this winter.

And this is interesting too.  Why Cardinals are really redder in winter!

New Year/New Broom
There is a lot of organizing going on around the internet.
I watched the first episode of Tidying Up on Netflix featuring Marie Kondo and realized that while I've been folding our tee shirts correctly (whew), I've been folding my pants wrong all these years.  I immediately went and did it her way and I must admit it looks much neater.  Taking the time for the folding will be the challenge.  You can visit her site here and here is a brief video of Marie explaining how to fold your pants.


I've been thinking again this new year about keeping an actual organizer.  Perhaps time would not vanish on me if I had such a thing.  I did a bit of research and it seems the Plum Paper one is best but I don't think I can order it in Canada.
These organizers can range widely in price depending on how many bells and whistles you want.  However, the very highly recommended Erin Condren Life Planner seems to make most of the lists. Here is the Erin site where you can check out all the features.  They are so pretty with their customisable covers.
This is a bit of hoot that I would pay such money for sort of note taking.  Considering Hubby is still recycling his papers from the nineties-using the backs for taking notes at the computer. Also cutting it into squares and using a staple through a bunch for a handy notebook.  I do it too sometimes if I come across paper I like such as vellums or pinks.  Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Christmas is tucked away now but snowmen abound here at the wooden house.  Funny how each of these seem to have a bit of a personality. I'm trying to figure out how to anchor them.  Like Nancy at Joy For Grace who spoke of wanting to anchor her appliqued pots, I'm having the same issue. I feel like they should be grounded some way.
Still trying out bits and pieces before stitching it all down.

So that's my fun stitching while finishing up my panel which is almost done.
Hope you are all tidy and organized and stitching something fun too!
So happy to be joining the following linky parties- Kathy's QuiltsViewing Nature With EileenSmall Quilts and Doll QuiltsSew Can She,  Quilting is More Fun Than Housework, Em's Scrapbag and Busy Hands Quilts.








1 comment :

eric said...

i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346