Sunday 13 January 2019

Rabbits, Mystery Quilt Patterns, Walksies For Our Health

The rabbits are running these cold winter nights.
 Loads of tracks crisscrossing our trails and I have to stop the dogs from munching on the buttons.  We saw two places with little bits of fur where something successfully preyed on them too.  Sad to see but it is the cycle of wild life.
As mentioned, I am continuing year 2 of my plan to try to spend an hour a day outside in the fresh air no matter the weather. With our back acres bordering other people's back acres, we have a sense of  a small wilderness back there. We have permission to walk their trails too.  With the tiny plots of wetlands frozen over and the many trails, we can easily get a good walk in and fulfill 30 minutes of two old folks trotting about twice a day.

When I lived in the Arctic, the far north on Baffin Island, the local nurses encouraged the school to continue the twice daily 20 minute recess breaks to be outside no matter the weather. There being a strong belief that the fresh air was good for the children and for us too.

I do find the winter air bracing we will say and it feels like everything in my head gets cleared. Invigorating, hubby says and nothing makes a hot cup of tea taste better once our outer layers have been shed.

  How do you like my moose nightlight?  Or my Kensington Stafford's Teapot I found at a thrift store?  Pours beautifully which I appreciate.

But speaking of rabbits, I love the image of hares and they abound in so many patterns and designs.
Here is Hare in Snow on a greeting card from Cotswold Trading.  This could easily translate into an applique design.
                          Image result for the Christmas hare

There is a bit of a mystery about this bunny below.  He was worked by Kristen at Knitionary from an old pattern she had from Associated Talents. He was so popular at one time a facebook page for him was formed and he became known as "Facebook Bunny"; however the pattern seems to have been discontinued and no one can find one.

                                         Image result for mr. bunny needlepoint
This quilt is called In My Garden, a design by the very talented Dawn Heese from Linen Closet Quilts.  I can't find this pattern either. If you know of it, please let me know.

                                   

Meanwhile, I've been so good to not sign up for any BOM's (so far) and to continue the new year finishing up my on the go projects.
In accordance with that, I've put myself on a diet...a fabric diet. No new purchases till some headway is made with that closet of lovely choices I already have.

No rabbits but out came my Cornwall Cottage Sampler which I love and am determined its time has come.  Do you have those feelings too about a project just out of the blue?
I realized though that I could not work this on the 32 count without my Ott Lite. The light means so much with these old eyes.


This has been a busy Sunday with lunch out but now I'm home and settled in my pet chair ready to pick up my needle and thread.  Just a little each day to keep moving it forward is my plan.

Pleased to be linking this post with Kathy's Quilts.

2 comments :

Carolien said...

Hello Jocelyn,

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I just found yours and oh you make beautiful things!!! I most certainly will come back here ...

Have a good day & greetings from Holland, Carolien

eric said...

i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346