Sunday 10 September 2017

Heaven For Quilters

So what have I been doing with myself.
 I figured a good way to keep my body moving and accomplishing something useful at the same time was to tackle cupboards, trunks and those giant plastic totes we'd used for moving.  It's been a year and it was definitely time to reacquaint myself with what was in them.  I'll show you some things I found in the next few posts.  I amaze myself sometimes with what I squirrel away.

In the process I also gave the sewing room a big cleanout.
 I'd dragged in a big comfy chair which I just dragged back out.  It made the room feel too cluttered and hemmed in which is definitely not good for creativity, I'm thinking.  Piles of things just seem to grow around me when I'm working...papers, books, bits and bobs.  I think I am mostly a visual learner so I like to be able to see what I'm working on or at least that is my excuse.
Here is the after shot. Floor clear again...for awhile. Update: I vacated this room and moved to a larger room to give this to Hubby for his office which is in the basement. He has not moved up because we both agree he should do the stairs for exercise as long as he is able to.)

This is all my stash so as you can see, I'm a little light on fabric. But on the up side I can see at a glance just what I have. (I realize I have doubled my stash since this was taken).


It is light Especially when I do the comparison with some of you who relate some serious numbers when it comes to yardage or boxes of material.  I'm talking about you, Marlene, with three walls lined with fabric filled cubbies! But what a visual treat!  A little like what heaven for quilters must be.

As is this one I saw on Pinterest. Pure heaven, or maybe I would get completely overwhelmed!

Image result for fabric lined sewing rooms
And here are examples of sewing themed fabric that I know many of you could whip into wonderful items for your sewing room. From Nancy's Notions which is a great site for sewists and offers a fantastic bank of novelty fabrics of all sorts.


                                             VINTAGE SEWING MACHINE TOSS FABRIC

                                             NOTIONS TOSS FABRIC

 And on my table last week

These are a wonderful perennial daisy and I'm so pleased to have a number of banks of them around the property.  They lasted for ages and have only just now died out. Make such pretty bouquets, don't they. (Sadly their slightly droopy heads was caused by the heavy downpours of rain that characterized the summer weather this year.)



Hope there is something pretty in your week!

No comments :