Monday 15 October 2018

Oranges and Free Patterns

         We had a wonderful autumn weekend, cool temperatures but sunshiny.  I worked on wood both days, bringing it from the big pile to stacking it near our door for use in the fireplace later on.  I love when being outside in fresh air is also productive.  My arms got a bit of a workout too. They are so weak!                         
 Well, the trees are definitely 'reconsidering' their leaves around here.  Just when did the paths become covered. Mostly yellow leaves on this trail but darkening to orange on the ground.


And the most glorious oranges surrounding the driveway photographed here just prior to dusk.


Below is a project I wanted to share last year but never got around to it.  A log cabin pumpkin tutorial from The Inbox Jaunt by Lori Kennedy.  Very easy and cute with lots of variations.  Definitely a great scrappy piece.

Pumpkin Log Cabin Quilit

And speaking of glorious colours, I've finished stitching a side panel for the big Applique project I have on the go- the Kim McLean Pot of Flowers project.  I like how it has turned out.  Still in it's freezer paper pieces here.


When I finish my Grasshopper cornerstone blocks, I'm allowing myself to begin the Edyta Sitar Pumpkins piece. Hopefully I'll have pumpkins of my own to show you on Thursday!

I can't remember if I shared this free Autumn pattern before.  It's a downloadable from the wonderful Crabapple Hill Studio and Meg Hawkey has designed one for each of the seasons.



Just love her designs.
Hope you had a good weekend and your Monday is off to a good start. Happy Stitching everyone!
So happy to link up with Cooking Up Quilts where Beth has a link to her Scrambled Block tutorial. Also linking to What a Hoot QuiltsLove Laugh Quilt, So Scrappy and Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.




No comments :