Thursday 18 October 2018

Stitching Edyta's Pumpkins, and a Lap Ap(?)

One of my Netherlands blogging friends made the point that though we have already reached a good age, her and I, was I like her and still wanted more days.  Are we selfish to wish this though so many did not get what we have gotten, she wondered. Yes, I agree, most definitely we do want more.

 I immediately thought about the friend who played the organ at my first wedding and has been gone over twenty years now.  She was so mature, talented, and remarkable in many, many ways...a true inspiration to me, and sadly did not get to live to see her children grow up.
All the more reason to muster up gratefulness even on our darkest days I write to my friend.

However, not having to work hard on this cool but sunny day to conjure up gratefulness with fall literally falling around me.

 I can honestly say this activity below was the most fun I've had in the sewing room...choosing the fabrics for these pumpkins. Edyta chose mostly batiks with a few reproduction prints for hers.  I don't have either of those but was happy to dig deep and find fabric that pleased me very much.
What do you think?



I've been busy hand stitching  blanket stitches around each of the pieces...a great t.v. activity.  This is my OMG for October so maybe I will be able to sneak it in under the wire.  That's actually a good thing to have a publicly stated monthly goal like that I mean.  Patty at Elm Street Quilts hosts two large link parties a month...one for the goal finish and one for stating a new monthly goal.


Quick food question...are you familiar with Kraft Sandwich Spread? I mention this because I was speaking of it recently and the person had never heard of it.  I think I grew up with it and usually have a jar in the fridge. It's like a slightly tangy mayonnaise.  Hubby remembers eating quite a few Sandwich Spread sandwiches during his teen years and still likes it on sandwiches today.


Just dug out our scarves and mitts bin...it was below freezing overnight and we had (briefly) light flurries yesterday. Gloves and a hat are in order now for the early morning walks.
Also including my Morris inspired scarf which is lightweight enough to wrap twice around my neck.  And I love it.  Still feel lucky to have spied this being put on the shelf at the Gap in August!


Anybody use a Lap Ap?  A device that's sort of a lap table for stitching and hand work.

                                              The Lap App
 I've been looking hard at getting one.  I usually use a pillow to rest my hands on but this device seems like an even better way to raise up what you are stitching.  And it features a neat surface for cutting fabric plus some magnets. The link is Lap App Store if you'd like to read more about it.
I'm finding everyone does something a little differently about handling their pieces when stitching. What do you do?

So picture me this weekend, needle flying, stitching those pumpkins while watching the leaves flying through the air outside my big window and possibly even the white stuff!
 But before that I'm spending Friday night with the littler grandson...his mom has been on a business trip to Indiana in the U.S. and her flight doesn't get in till very late. So some serious Nana time ahead for me which I'm also so grateful for.

I got to do some outlet shopping recently; will share my loot next time!☺
Always grateful for linking up with Not Afraid of Color, Sew Can She, So Scrappy and Busy Hands Quilts.









                                          

No comments :