Sunday 23 December 2018

Scandinavian Christmas Finish and Me

There is an apex of housework that involves having everything in the house clean at the same time, where it just doesn't get any better than that.  The clothes laundered, the dishwasher cleared, the floors mopped, dusting done, the bed changed, etc. ...dare I admit this only happens a few times a year for me these days.  Christmas time is one of them.
So I sit here in my as clean as it can be with two big dogs living area and slow cooker chicken and chick pea dinner starting to smell up the place in a good way, and write to you.
We've had a spate of Crazy weather with rainfall warnings that materialized in huge downpours, freezing rain warnings and then all quiet with a fresh blanket of snow covering everything. All confounding but certainly make for interesting walks.  Cleats on our boots these days because we never know what we will find underfoot.

But looking up so happy to see this fellow, a Barred Owl, not once but twice lately.  Always in the same area of the woods where the very tall deciduous trees are now bare and yet he blends in still surprisingly well.  This was just prior to dusk and the photo shows like a black and white because of it.  I wonder is there any way to identify this owl as the same one we have been glimpsing since we came here two years ago.


I got Hubby to take this photo of me yesterday.


Pleased with this little hanging and especially happy to have it all done. I could say the hearts are appropriate because there is so much in this hanging that I love- embroidery, redwork, Scandinavian themes, and hand quilting.  Finally, I actually finish an Elm Street Quilts OMG as stated!
 Have a couple of other things to show you later on, because of course, being me, the fingers have been busy.  But that can wait.


Now it is time to visit your blogs and say some personal Christmas hellos.
I sincerely hope this Christmas is glorious for you in all manner of ways.

Wonderful to link with Kathy's QuiltsSo ScrappyViewing Nature With EileenSmall Quilts and Doll Quilts,  Alycia QuiltsSilly Mama Quilts, Free Motion By the River and Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.













No comments :