Sunday 22 December 2019

Santas, Appliqued Snowmen, Snowy Owl Treetop

Love Santas and our little collection, some very old, is enjoyed year after year.
Little grandson had his photo taken with a store Santa recently. At 6, he knows this is not the real Santa.
Image may contain: 1 person, hat, glasses and child
 I've been working on a Christmas applique project (no Santa) which has turned into a lot more hand stitching than I had planned. An intended Christmas gift, I'm cutting it a little too close for my liking.  So I've already warned Hubby, today will be a stitching day. He'll have to amuse himself, LOL.
Thank you all for the well wishes. Some have asked how is Murphy.  We think she is more relaxed and sleeping better. Though demanding, she was the more sensitive of the two and would pace if anxious. She would get up in the night when we got up with Rex and would pace about. She probably sensed things we didn't and she didn't like it. Now she seems more at rest herself and calmer. We are also doing fine.
I have Rex's leash and collar on my bureau where I can touch it.
At the old farm, 2013
I told you my tree is mostly a bird tree, even to what sits on the top.
Merry Christmas from me and the pretty Snowy Owls.
Hope the second last Sunday of 2019 is a wonderful one for you.
Linking this post to the wonderful parties at Kathy's QuiltsSmall Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh Quilt and Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.

23 comments :

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your Santas, and adore your beautiful snowy owls. I have a couple. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, look at those owls! Love them! Your Santas are a fun collection, too. Enjoy your stitching today, Jocelyn!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that tree topper - and all your Santa's are so nice. Merry Christmas to you and glad you have another four legged companion to help you through missing Rex - Have a really nice Christmas

Out To Pasture said...

What a big, toothy smile Santa is getting from Littlest Grandson. I love, love, love your snowy owl ornaments!

Kathy S. said...

So sorry to hear about Rex. Glad Murphy is doing better. I was hoping for a barking present under the tree this year since we lost our last of two dogs a little over a year ago. My husband said he is not ready yet and to wait until spring. Enjoy the little paws while you can!

Sarah said...

That's a lovely collection of Santas! It's always hard to loose a beloved dog but that photo from 2013 is a great picture. That's one comfy dog!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Love the Santa gang, they are all super cool!

Nancy J said...

Rex will always be in your heart. Love the owls, they are really so beautiful. And the Santas, old and new always so good and in a collection that is wonderful.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I can see why you have those owls on your tree so pretty!

Robin said...

That tree topper is a hoot. Sorry, I couldn't resist. It is really appropriate for your tree. I love your Santa collection, I have one too.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your little owls! I have a bird tree too but I haven't put it up for years. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Happy Holidays!

Kim said...

Those gathering of Santas is a gorgeous sight. Such a lovely collection.

MissPat said...

I have a Santa collection, too, although my snowman collection is bigger, both in number and size of the pieces. Not all the snowmen have come out to play this year. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Pat

Michele Hill said...

Happy Christmas Jocelyn xx

Linda said...

Love the photos of your grandson with not-real Santa and of Rex. I'm also still stitching for Christmas, but since our guests are coming tomorrow, I know I'm not going to complete it in time, so it will be ready for next year!
I meant to comment on your last post that the Crisco can recipe is still the one I use for pie crust, because it tastes like Granny's. I've tried those with butter, and to me they just don't come up to the flakiness of Crisco crusts.
Love the snowy owl and your Santa collection.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so sorry about Rex. It's always tough.
I love your owls! And your Santas.

Bonnie said...

You have a wonderful collection of Santas. I was curious what the long skinny one laying down in the front is. I've got a Santa ornament made from Okra. So I was thinking yours might be from a vegetable or pasta or possibly carved wood? Curious mind wants to know!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

A wonderful assortment of Father Christmas figures. I love your applique snowman.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a beautiful tree! We saw a snowy owl on our way to our son's yesterday, perched on top of a hydro pole. Beautiful bird! Happy Christmas wishes to you and yours.

Michelle Ridgway said...

LOVE your collection of Santa's. Grandson looks like he had a great chat with St. Nick. And as a lover of birds adore your Snowy owls! I am so very sorry to hear about Rex....poor Murphy! Lovely stitching there. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Jocelyn xx

Pyros & Patch said...

What a nice little owls! Beautiful..Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Carmela

Angie said...

Jocelyn - sorry to hear about Rex. It's always tough to lose a loved one! The picture of your grandson with Santa is special - I like that it is taken from the side! Merry Christmas to you!

QuiltGranma said...

Love the little couch that your poochie was enjoying under the tree.