Wednesday 24 July 2024

Flowers in Bloom, New Stitching Start, News

There are loads of butterflies around this year. In particular, I love to spy a Comma flitting about. Because of how jagged the wing edges are, I think this is a male. Their spiritual meaning is unconditional love and faith. Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a healthy dose of both those things!

My indoor now outdoor Geraniums are blooming. They took a rest when I first moved them outside. 
I'm reading this book, North Woods by Daniel Mason, and enjoying it. Daniel is the author of the Piano Tuner, his first book published at the age of 26! Daniel is also a Stanford Psychiatry professor. This book shares the many tales of the inhabitants of a single house throughout the years. 
Here is my new cross stitch project, from The Blue Flower, The Tudor Bee, a design by Jeannine McGowan. I love the colours which are actually rosier than this photo is showing. The wonderful folks at Traditional Stitches kitted it up for me. They chose 28 count Zweigart Cashel Platinum linen and I'm enjoying the initial stitching which is two over two.
I always enlarge the pattern on the printer and it's my habit to begin in the top left corner.
So a little news! I'm going to take a blogging break and for very good reasons. Summer is my busy time with the gardens and outings. There are a ton of things to do around the property plus a few things that need my undivided attention. I'm also going on a special trip next week! I'll take photos to share with you later. Meanwhile, thank you for all the love and kindness, you, my blogging friends, share with me weekly. It never fails to lift me up. I hope your stitching fingers will be busy and your mind at peace. Take care all of you! 


 



24 comments :

Julierose said...

Have a wonderful break--I am also taking a little respite for a while as DH has to undergo carotid surgery tomorrow....i will be wearing my chauffeur and nursing caps for a bit!!;))) Hugs, Julierose

Susie H said...

Have a GREAT summer! We'll catch up in the Fall. Have a safe, enjoyable trip.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your threads and pattern look beautiful love those colors. Sometimes when moving a plant from inside to outside they do wonderfully but take a little bit of time. I have one that has become a monster plant and I wonder where I will be able to fit it when it is time to come inside

Gretchen Weaver said...

Enjoy your trip, have a wonderful blogging break. I'm sure you will have needlework to show us when you return!

MissPat said...

Enjoy your time off and your special trip. I look forward to hearing about it. Will wait patiently for your return.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Hope that all your upcoming activities go well. I hope you have time to add lots of stitches to your new cross stitch project. Take care and see you when you get back to blogging. Gail at the cozy quilter.

Jenn Jilks said...

Have a great break. You will be missed. I wish I could garden! Soon.

Jeanna said...

Your flowers are so pretty, Jocelyn. I'm a top left starter as well, except when I'm stitching something that will be finished into a strawberry. In that case, I start in the middle. A trip sounds exciting. I hope you have a great summer, safe trip and I'll look forward to hearing all about it when you post again.

Jenny said...

Enjoy your summer blogging break, and I'll look forward to catching up with you shortly.

loulee said...

Love the new cross stitch and seeing butterflies.
Enjoy your blogger break.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful butterfly and looks so pretty against the white blossoms! Your new cross-stitch project looks like fun, too. There are so many creative designs to stitch! Have a wonderful trip - Ilook forward to hearing about it!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your flowers look amazing, Jocelyn. It always warms my soul to see a butterfly. Great start on the Tudor Bee- such gorgeous floss colors. I wish you a very lovely vacation and blogging break. I look forward to seeing your vacation photos when you return. Safe travels. Hugs.

Linda said...

Love the butterfly and geraniums, and good luck with your new cross stitch project. Enjoy your special trip and the rest of your summer Jocelyn!

Carol in Texas said...

I’ll miss you, Jocelyn, but everyone needs a vacation and summer is the perfect time. Take care and I’ll look forward to your return, perhaps in the fall.

PaintedThread said...

Cool looking butterfly - and the photo with it in the blooms is really nice. I like your new stitching project. That will be beautiful when it's done. Enjoy your blogging break! I'll miss you.

Angela said...

Have a great trip! Yes, to the butterfly and its special meaning!

grammajudyb said...

Such a pretty butterfly against the white flowers! Not many butterflies in my area this year. Not sure why. Have a wonder trip. Hope you get some stitching done on your break. Sometimes we do need to stop and recharge. See you later!

Jackie said...

You have a wonderful break and I will look forward to your new posts when you come back.

Love the new cross stitch.

God bless.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Enjoy your summer while you cross stitch and take care of your beautiful garden!

Daisy Debs said...

Wishing you a happy and refreshing break .Yes lots of happy things to do ....take a little time out to do your embroidery too . Sending you a hug 🐝Debbie 💐x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a pretty flutter-bye - lucky you to capture him.
Enjoy your blogging break - and your trip!

piecefulwendy said...

That stitchery is beautiful! Enjoy your break, and enjoy your trip!

Jackie said...

Enjoy your break, the garden and plans for the rest of the summer.

God bless.

Rose Marie said...

Enjoy your break! Have fun!