Thursday 5 July 2018

A Lake Side Canada Day

Me at the lake cottage for Canada Day weekend, with humidity flattened hair and happy smile. I love large family gatherings and enjoyed every minute of our time together. 
But what I'm attempting to show you is my skirt...a new Joe purchase- navy with pretty shells all over and that flowing style so comfortable and cool.  The Talbots top was bought many years ago and is a gauzy material.  Also perfect for summer heat.



There was a breeze off the lake at all times and my bedroom had a small balcony. I slept well and woke early so would sit out there each morning enjoying the amazing sunrise and views. A mama duck trolled up and down the shoreline leading 8(?) constantly bobbing ducklings just for me to see, I figured.

We got to do some wonderful eating (men and their barbequing!) and I enjoyed this Smores treat mostly because of the huge marshmallows.


New to Me  How come you didn't tell me about giant sized MegaMarshmallows?  How did I not know this!
Littler grandson threw himself (almost literally!) into the Canada Day celebrations. Especially loved the blinking bling. 😊

Back home and the garden fading because of lack of rain.  Heavy waterings are helping.


I am determined not to complain about the heat.  I know some of you have been with me through the moaning about the cold winter and dreary spring so your patience must be wearing thin with me and my weather whining.
 But seriously, we have been sweltering in 35C plus temperatures the last 6 days (with humidity reaching almost to 45C which is 113F) which means a number of things for me.

1. Walks with the dogs are early morning and this morning both turned back to the house after covering only one trail something I've never seen them do.
2. We are indoors with drapes closed and fans whirring.  Hubby is old school and this is the first recourse to staving off heat.
3. Easy kitchen duties...no oven turned on.  I've stocked up on salad fixings, cheese and fruit.  I've got the bread machine on making us a nut and seed kind of loaf to go with supper tonight.  We'll live, lol.

Both dogs had a good checkup with Dr. Sue.  Rex is getting cloudy in one eye and has some stiffness in his hips, what would be expected considering his 10 plus years but Murphy got a completely clean bill of health.  Both had super weights so no lecture for me about the treats!

Finally I hope my American friends had a wonderful "Glorious Fourth". Independence is definitely a glorious thing. To that end I want to share this little slide show featuring the beautiful birds that have the word 'American' in their name.  Put together by the Cornell Lab people, I just love it.
Celebrate July 4th with All "American" Slideshow


American Kestrel by Ken Phenicie Jr. via Birdshare.


As it is Thursday I will be linking to LeeAnna's Likes at Not Afraid of Color.








No comments :