Saturday 7 July 2018

Squirrel Club and Grasshopper Too

Have you heard about the Squirrel ClubCrazy Mom Quilts posted the idea of using scraps to make what she called a Scrap Vortex quilt.  She shared the simple instructions in this post back in 2015.  Then Julie at Me and My Quilts- Exploring the Possibilities recently suggested why not have a club of like minded quilters determined to make a dent in their scrap bins by joining a Scrap Vortex quilt along.
                                         The Squirrel Club

Read their posts and see what you think about the idea. I personally do not have enough scraps to get that far with it, I don't think. But I will enjoy seeing what they make.

Meanwhile, I have been a bit squirrelly myself with my stitching lately...so many wonderful distractions in my days recently. But I am determined to apply myself and get the blocks for the Grasshopper project made this month. Dare I set it for my One Monthly Goal and link to the other quilters at Patty's Elm Street Quilts who will probably accomplish their goals.
 I haven't made mine yet!  But like all stitchers, I live in hope.

 I loved how easily the checkerboard style block came together but the next one with curved edges is a little more challenging. Then there is a house block that I'm really looking forward to trying.  The hand stitching is improving I think which is good because there is a lot of it.
The navy blue looks almost black in photos.


Testing colours for the curved block. This is pretty salmon pink but not true to colour in this photo.


The same flowers in bloom at this time of year despite the heat which worried me....my pots have not fared so well, sadly. It seems trickier to keep them watered properly and moved in and out of shade.
  Here is my first bouquet from the garden.  What a treat!

So taking time to smell the flowers and stitching away and staying cool. Grateful that "All is rosy in my garden" this week.
Besides Patty's wonderful link up, I'm also joining the party at Sew Can She, Kathy's Quilts, Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Cooking Up Quilts, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework, What a Hoot Quilts and Stitching Cubbyhole. .


No comments :