Thursday 26 July 2018

Middle of the Night Shopping

With the internet comes a new advantage/concern...the ability to shop in the wee hours of the morning.  I woke this morning and thought, I think I ordered something during the night and checked -sure enough, at 3:20 am I ordered this little kit from Alicia at Posie Gets Cozy. I'm rather impressed that I remembered my Paypal password at that hour but I guess where there is a will, there is a way. Lol
It's Alicia's pattern for Summer, part of her seasonal series.  Pretty, heh.

                         Summer Storm Cross Stitch Sampler Kit

Well, I have another free Quilt Along for you to check out.
 This one is thinking ahead to autumn, features fall motifs and is called Fall Into a Quilt AlongHere is the link to the Snowy Days Quilting post outlining all the details.  Six blocks have been released with six more to come. Acorns and pie, bonfires and baskets, sunflowers and hedgehogs, all very cute.

                      Fall QAL logo.png

Speaking of quilting, I finished my four Block 2 spinning star type blocks and have started the house block. On a confidence high right now as the measurements are working out exactly as the pattern says it should.  Loving assembling the houses.  Two episodes of Midsomer Murders got me through the stitching of one house.
 Someone asked which fabric this is...it is Bloomsbury by Franny and Jane for Moda and this is the first project I've done with an actual coordinated set of fabrics.

                                   Image result for Bloomsbury by franny and jane

I've had to restrain myself from going to the scraps and making more of these houses.  Focus!
I tried to get closer shots so you could see the fabric patterns.


I also made the  pointed blades for the Dresden block that is in the center panel.  I followed Sarah's video provided which was a big help.

I found this video on Youtube that illustrates the same way to make them. Susan shows that at about the 3:40 mark if you are interested.



New to Me
With an eye to some Christmas stitching -In crochet I am checking out this stitch... the grit stitch.  I did finish a couple of wooly projects last year that I didn't show you.  I can't think of handling wool right now but I will have photos later on.


Hallelujah! I am finally remembering to bring my own bags to the supermarket consistently.  I'm ashamed to admit how long that habit has taken to form.  I'm now adding to my collection of glass bottles for usage in the kitchen. And I saw this product and wondered if any of you have tried it.
Reusable Bags available from Amazon but they are made from silicone. Now is that a worse product for the environment?  I don't know.

Reusable Silicone Food Storage Preservation Bags and Silicone Straws|Set of 4 Food Grade BPA Free Airtight Seal, Versatile Leak-Proof Silicone Bags & 6 Reusable Silicone Straws & Brush

A couple of birthday snaps of the littlest guy in my life...he is an interesting little bundle of ideas and actions all wrapped up in a great sense of humour.
 "What are we doing next " is one of his favourite sayings, keeping everyone on their toes.



If  Hubby and I had just a tenth of his energy, we  could save the world!
The Midsummer linkups:  to #99 at Not Afraid of Color.  Also linking with My Quilt Infatuation, Busy Hands Quilts and Sew Fresh Quilts.

No comments :