Thursday 12 July 2018

Clam Shells, Grasshopper, and Sugar Daddy

Hubby finally mentioned to me something I do he was curious about. Something frankly I thought was self explanatory.
He noticed in particular how I usually have the old newspapers or recyclables in a little pile on the half wall leading to the basement or the small laundry hamper placed there.  I explained how since moving to this bigger house, it is my way of moving along the little chores I have to do.
 Instead of walking all the way down to the lower level to the laundry room or further along out into the back porch, I gather things together and leave them for when I have to go down there.  Like to get something from the cold room or freezer or go down to watch t.v. and then these things get taken downstairs.  So basically, something is in my hands for both trips. I believe it saves me steps overall and is my own little way of moving chores forward. Am I the only one who does this because he seemed to think it a little odd.

Look at the size of this hosta leaf...its beautiful veins reminded me totally of trapunto quilting!


Veranda hand stitching in between bouts of extreme heat.
Still trying to capture that shade of pink.  Have my little assembly line sorted for this block of the Sarah Fielke Grasshopper project and absolutely loving it.  My favourite block so far.


That is my latest issue of Quiltmania's Simply Vintage on the right.  There is always at least one project in the 20 plus they offer that catches my eye.  Love this pattern here by Rita Vermeersch for Twinkle Designs which also features a cute house and tiny stitched quilt.  This is a link to Rita's blog Twinkle Patchwork where you can see her other very cute designs.


Everyone loves a bargain and some of the blocks of Splendid Sampler II are being offered for free (for a limited time I think).  I thought this block by the marvelous Helen Stubbings of Hugs and Kisses was very cute.
It actually took a lot of clicking to find this link so I hope someone checks it out. LOL

                               
Time for some body maintenance...the dreaded pedicure and manicure.  My finger nails are such a state I could never take them to a professional but sometimes when I go out in company I try to improve their look so people aren't too aghast.


I use this Essie one called Sugar Daddy.  The Queen prefers Essie Ballet btw...a perfect example of the perfectly useless information I confoundedly hold in my head.  Royals are not allowed to wear coloured nail polish.
That beautiful deep red for the toenails, which are in much better shape simply because I don't dig in dirt with my feet, was the one the spa gave me when daughter took me for a pedicure two years ago.  I remember its name, Decadence, because that day was lovely and decadent.
 These bottles are going to last forever at this rate.

As always, joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for positive things Thursday. Also happy to join the link parties at Esther's Quilt BlogSew Fresh QuiltsQuilt Fabrication and The Needle and Thread Network.



No comments :