Thursday 9 June 2022

Three Freebies on a Thursday, Hubby's New Toy, Tumbling Blocks, Rabbit in White Socks

Hubby with his latest purchase.  Something called a Spyder which is three wheeled and has power steering.  I'm filing this under...you only live once! He rides mid week with a group of similarly vintage drivers who ride the back roads and take all the precautions. I really don't worry about him...that much.

In the tall woods, I spied this little fellow. The ears gave him away.
His close up! His paws were still winter white when this photo was taken.
A new feature on this blog...I'll try to corral the free patterns to Thursday's happy post...Thursday's Three Free so here is the first. 
For my American friends, Temecula Quilt Co. which I love to visit, has a free PDF for this little project called Olde GloryHere is the link.

Nobody likes a house block more than me. Especially one called Home Sweet Home that is part of a Bitty Block series. Here is a free PDF for this very cute little pattern just calling out for scrap busting.  From the generous folks at Quilting Daily.


And for my slow stitching friends, from the wonderful folks at Hobby House Needleworks comes this very cute set. Hobby House Needleworks; if you have trouble with that link...type free patterns in their search spot on the main page and it should take you to their incredible set of free patterns. Strawberries and bees are such fun things to stitch. 
My own stitching this week...
I've been giving attention to the Tumbling Blocks quilt on weekends. Have all four parts joined together now and most of the diamond templates removed except for that last wrinkly looking bit on the front end- pulling them out was fun to do. With borders, this will be big enough for our queen sized bed. I'm still happy with it and especially the way my hand stitching joining a million diamonds has held up. 
I made yet another boo boo with Plaid Tilda and have been unsewing, this time a couple of rows in the middle that were off by one block. My vow to pay closer attention didn't work, obviously. LOL I need an overseer in the sewing room!
Anyway, it is raining and feeling a little muggy outside. But we are busy with our chores and hobbies inside. Hope you are likewise happily engaged! 






31 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think that is really neat that your husband can still ride a motorcycle at his age and get off of it and can walk back into the house - I'd be limping my hips would be so sore!!

Susan said...

I love your tumbling blocks quilt.

Out To Pasture said...

Wow!! that Spyder is one futuristic looking machine! My cousin and his wife drive them in summer. Love that two tone rabbit. My cotton tails are only brown all year long.

Nancy J said...

Live for the day!!!~ They must be a great group of guys, and it looks magnificent. Lovely diamonds, and such warm colours.

Jackie said...

The tumbling block quilt is lovely. All that hand stitching!!!

Thanks for the free cross stitch pattern.

God bless.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That new ride is super cool, looks like something Batman would like. Such a cute bunny. Those patterns are all super nice.

PaintedThread said...

These are all lovely! Spyder looks cool! Bunny rabbit! Interesting white legs. Love your blocks, and your stitching. And the tumbling block... I didn't realize there was so many of them!

piecefulwendy said...

Such a fun post! I'm glad your hubs rides with a group; that would make me worry a bit less. Love the photo of the bunny. Your quilt projects are looking great. Tumbling Blocks is amazing, and what a treasure!

gladiquilts said...

Your tumbling blocks quilt is looking fantastic! I’m intrigued by the little house blocks and bookmarked the site - thanks so much for sharing it. And I enjoyed the rabbit photos. Great way to start my day 😊. Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

I just downloaded that cute mini flag pattern. Will I get to it? Hope so. Tumbling Blocks looks amazing! That one is going to be a treasure.

Margie Crewse said...

Used to ride motorcycles in my younger days, but at 79 now it wont happen again! Always love Temcecula's tiny quilts. I especially love the cross stitch strawberries but can not get the link to work. Is there a special secret? Take care

Floor said...

What a cool engine I see here, seems very exciting to drive there.
Also beautiful pieces.
That beautiful embroidery, and that beautiful quilt on the bed.
Really enjoy.
Greetings,
Floor

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That Spyder looks like fun - for your hubby, lol! I hope he has a great time with his riding friends. I love seeing the free patterns, too. I signed up for the Quilting Daily newsletter. I might just need to make some of those little houses! Your Tumbling Blocks quilt is just amazing, Jocelyn! I didn't realize it was so big. Wow!

Sandra Walker said...

Lol on your husband, and good for you for that attitude! That tumbling blocks quilt is stupendous!! What an heirloom. I, too, love house blocks, always have since I first started quilting. I love your woods!!! Makes my heart sing to see big old sentinels; I always think, 'what they have witnessed....' I see the first photo in your previous post and the bridal spirea around here was STUNNING this year. We have a beauty bush between our house and next door and it is as tall, with gorgeous frothy pink blooms, as our house peak and we are in a 1.5 storey!

Grams Jean said...

Hubby misses riding motorcycle even at 82. We used to have so much fun riding together on his dirt bike up the dirt roads in our local mountains. Love your tumbling blocks, yours is bigger than mine will turn out to be.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Tumbling Blocks is beautiful! Gorgeous! I love the little bunny! Thank you for the free patterns! My mother used to ride on the back of a motorcycle when she was a little girl in Italy. Her father owned a motorcycle and would often use it to give her a ride! It's hard for me to imagine! I'm sure your husband loves his Spyder!

Jenny said...

Is your hubby's bike a three wheeler? I'm sure he has a lot of fun riding in the country roads with his friends. I'm very impressed with your tumbling block quilt, all hand pieced!

LA Paylor said...

a spyder is it loud? I love your tumbling blocks! What an accomplishment. Ned, Milo said you can always destroy a toy, sometimes it just takes a little more work!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fun outing for your DH! Do all the guys have Spyders? And yes, we all enjoy seeing wildlife and discovering freebie patterns--thanks! Great that you're enjoying removing all those papers--it's looking beautiful!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful tumbling blocks and cross stitch Jocelyn. But I must say, I really, really like your hubby's new toy! Don't you want to borrow it for a ride?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love hubby's bike! Thanks for the freebie pattern links. The bun with the white socks was awesome. Oh your tumbling blocks is fabulous.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I'm so grateful you shared these free patterns! My dear friend Beth has taken up cross stitch since the pandemic and I already shared these websites with her! I LOVE your tumbling blocks top. It's fantastic!! I also adore that photo of the bunny! Have a great day Jocelyn!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous tumbling blocks and stitching. Your hubby's new toy is really snazzy! Happy stitching!

Ivani said...

Hi Jocelyn, Thanks for the free patterns links.
So your Hubby has a new toy!
Love the little guy with winter white paws. And your tumbler quilt is amazing, a lot of hand work on it.
Have a great week!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! You hand pieced all those tumbling blocks?? Amazing!

CathieJ said...

Live for the day should be my motto also. Maybe once I retire soon. I love that tumbling blocks quilt. I have always wanted to make one. Thank you for the cross-stitch link to the freebies. I have to print some of them for future projects.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love that pretty cross stitch project from Hobby House. Get thee behind me, temptation!!
Glad your DH enjoys his Spyder but I'm afraid you wouldn't get me on one.

Michelle said...

Your Tumbling Block quilt is amazing! Thanks for finding these free patterns. The little houses are adorable. I may need to try that one.

Preeti said...

That is some toy - lime green and three wheels!!! The little houses are the cutest but the tumbling blocks top blew my mind away - so many hours of work. Such a labor of love!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your Tumbling Blocks project is impressive. I made one little EPP project and it may be my last. I started a second and I have a terrible time getting all the points to match up.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

OH I want a Spyder!!!! Love your tumbling blocks quilt! You put a lot of work into the quilt! Very pretty!