Tuesday 12 March 2024

Stitching and Shopping

We are kind of holding our breaths re the weather. Still no snow. Is it possible we could slip into April without another snowfall. Here is the backyard view this morning; not a flake in sight, and sunshine streaming in. 

I'm playing again with the Bramble Blooms Improv project...more to be found here at Quilty Folk.  I need to nail down what I am doing with this next border. With that in mind, I began embellishing petals. Fun stitching of an evening.

Weekend machine stitching and the Blue Courthouse Steps blocks are together. Much larger than I thought it would be. I really should pay more attention to numbers! Working on borders this week.

Ned turned 3 on March 3. Those three years have been a flash. Here are the browns in the litter with Ned in the middle. 

I sat down with the doctor for my consultation on Thursday past. I am happy to tell you that all the tests showed no indication of anything wrong with my heart; my aorta valve is normal. I was given the green light to exercise as hard as I want. His last words to me- Exercise is good for you. He doesn't know me. I'd been nervous; my voice sounded weak so I didn't bother saying to him you don't have to tell me that. I got back in the car and thought I should celebrate but I couldn't think of anything in particular to do. I decided to go to the lovely Wool Store in the town, the one where we bought our Auckland wool winter duvet. 

I had a great look about and wound up buying two tunic type blouses (I'll get photos for the next post) which seem to suit my shape these days. The room with all the wool floor to ceiling is so wonderful, I said to the lady I could live in there. She said everyone who comes says the same thing. I'll have to remember to take photos next time and hopefully that will be soon as I'd like Tony to take a look in the men's room which had lots of warm wool shirts. I bought three balls of wool, all variegated. I will have to share the project I have in mind- I keep forgetting as there is always lots else to talk about it seems. And I don't want the posts to be too long.

 Rumi

Humble living does not diminish. It fills.

Going back to a simpler self gives wisdom.

Don't know about myself and wisdom but my life and enjoyments are definitely simpler these days. What about you? 

Linking this post with Alycia QuiltsIt's a Small Town LifeCreations Quilts ArtMelva Loves ScrapsQuilting and Patchwork, Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and A Quiltery.

20 comments :

Jeanna said...

You have a beautiful view from your windoow. I'm happy to hear you received a good report from your doctor. You selected a great way to celebrate!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad to hear the clear up date on your health - that was news worth celebrating. We all worry about our health and few of us have a devil my care attitude when we find out test results.
The weather has been ok here too and such an early spring with just a few cold nights here and there - but it has been too warm and plants are tricked - the blueberry blossoms will open any day now and next week we might drop for a night or two and the frost protectors may need to come out to save the blossoms
Love the blue quilt.

Deb A said...

So glad to hear everything is good and you can enjoy those walks with Ned again! I love my Sunday mornings with a cup of coffee and no one else awake in the house. It's the little things in life that are precious. Have a great week.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Congratulations on the health report! Just don't trip while walking. I'm not counting on no more snow here in northern Indiana. We're too changeable. The yarn is beautiful!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The warm sunshine streaming through the window is so lovely. I hope you continue to see warmer days and you skirt the snow. Happy Birthday to Ned. He and his brother/sisters were so adorable as pups. Enjoy our your day, Jocelyn.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I’m sitting outside on the patio in the e sunshine right now. Good news from your dr!!! Shopping is a great way to celebrate I am looking forward to seeing what you make with that pretty wool.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful view out your window, Jocelyn - isn't it lovely to have the sun coming in?! I love your curtains there, too. I'm so glad you got good news from your doctor, and we could all tell him that you are a good exerciser! :) The wool shop sounds like the perfect place to stop for a celebration!

Nancy J said...

The doctor gave you the best news, and exercise like most things is good in moderation. I look at the football players, the netball girls, and wonder how that fast and furious running and more does some damage to some part of their bodies. Gentle walking is my aim, apart from washing windows and frames before the new curtains arrived yesterday. Love those blues.

Jenny said...

Such great news that your heart is in good condition! So pleased to read that, now you can put those worries behind you. The wool xhop seems wonderful, wonder shat you will be knitting with the pretty blues?

Jackie said...

I really think that more people should strive for a simpler life. Oh may that shop looks wonderful. Your Courthouse steps are coming along very well.

God bless.

Astrid said...

So glad you've got the green light from your doctor! Adorable puppy Ned! Pretty log cabin quilt top. Yes, sometimes they become bigger than we intended! lol Love your yarn too, pretty colors. Yarn shops don't exist here, only a few craft shops carry a small variety, mostly mixed. How I miss it from Norway, I could spend hours in a yarn shop.

loulee said...

Good to know that you are all good and able to go back to exercising. Love those blue courthouse steps.

Linda said...

Jocelyn you can keep your posts as long as you like, I devour every word and look forward to the next! LOVE that photo of Ned and his siblings. Your photo of the look at fair weather - the wood floor, the lush plant, the view, and those beautiful window coverings make that a magazine worthy photo - so lovely!
I'm so glad your heart is "normal". When I had an ultrasound and all that a couple years ago, it was determined mine was normal too. But I still have what I call a "heavy" heartbeat frequently, and it is kind of uncomfortable, but the cardiologist almost seems bored by it - lol!

Angela said...

Ned is so adorable! Yes, to all the yummy wool. Love that Rumi quote.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Good news!! I always like to hear that! and I like the way you celebrated! Oh my gosh - Ned was so very small wasn't he? ha! He grew a tad!
I really like those Blue blocks - that will make a very warm and snuggly quilt for if you do get some snow soon

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Stitching in the sunshine from that window has to be one of the pleasures of life.
Of course you know I love the blue quilt.
Best of all, happy to know you got a good report from the doctor.
And, lastly (but not leastly!)...special Birth Day skritches for Ned on my behalf.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I love, love, love those colorful curtains at your back yard window! They are so cheerful. I'm happy to hear the good health news. I also know exercise is good for me, but.....

Take care

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your embroidered petals, and the Courthouse Steps blue quilt are beautiful! I'm happy that you had a green flag, and I love how you celebrate!
Thank you for sharing ;)

Marsha Cooper said...

They are saying possible snow this weekend here in Kansas. This doesn't make me a happy camper! LOL The weather sure is crazy.

dq said...

Awe, Ned was sure a cutie. Puppies will steal your heart.

How wonderful that all is good with your heart. You did need to celebrate at the wool shop. I liked the photo of the outside of it.