Monday 25 March 2024

Hockey Fun, Stitchy To Do List, My Tiny Video

 I thought of some of my blogging friends on Sunday...those who spend time in arenas with the children involved in one sport or another. This is where I was this Sunday...the Kingston Invista Centre, watching Robbie with his team at the final tournament of the year. They'd won all their games right down to the very last one which they lost and there were tears. Life lessons of course, but much satisfaction that the boys had certainly come a long way skill wise. Overall, a wonderful season of hockey. 

On my To Do List this week...

I've sewed more of the Crossroads quilt blocks. Trying to balance the colours and still using scraps for the strips. But that doesn't seem to be making a dent in the scrap bins. How is that possible! Nearing the end of this project and want all blocks finished this week.

Finish the orange peel blocks for the next border of the BB Challenge. Hand stitching in the evenings so a little slow going.

Finish Block 7 of the HRH cross stitch....very nearly done. I'm stitching the fireworks now.
 Practice the block for my next crocheted blanket. An easy solid Granny square block; really just have to refresh my memory about how it goes. I'll be using this tutorial on YouTube.  What a marvel YouTube is!
Tony has medical appointments this week that will take up a couple of days. But I am hoping to get to the thrift store for a shop. Something to look forward to as well as my stitching. And we are still enjoying our cozy fires. Here is a tiny video I made showing my stitching chair. 
After heat breaking records we returned to usual March temperatures with double digits wind chill temps. So what crazy weather here in southeast Ontario! But sunny and no snow so still no shoveling. 
Hope there is lots in the upcoming week, this last one of March, for you to enjoy!

21 comments :

Nancy J said...

The thrift store, that is the best of all shopping, beats grocery supermarket by a long shot. We also have appointments, Hugh had his annual eye check up at the hospital, and tomorrow I go and get my hearing aids, the previous ones had so many faults, switched off at many unsuitable times!!!However the business has been very good about a replacement,without them makes me realise HOW DEAF I really am !!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Robbie looks like a pro with his special bag to carry all his equipment! It's so nice that are close enough to go and see his games, Jocelyn. You have some sweet projects to work on this week - my "scrap" projects also just seem to generate more scraps! Not sure how that happens either! Your fireplace and comfy chair are very inviting!

Jeanna said...

I hope the boys enjoyed their hockey season, in spite of the loss. Your quilt blocks are so pretty. I love the look of all the HRH charts but I've never stitched one. The fire looks cozy and your stitching chair is in a lovely spot.

Jenny said...

Another busy week for you, both craft wise and medical appointments. I really like those cross blocks you are making, a perfect project for RSC.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I envy you that fire although I don't miss the mess that wood creates.
I can feel for you about the scraps seemingly not dwindling. I knit 22 adult-sized hats using doubled yarn and my stash looks exactly the same as it did before I started.

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy stitching! I enjoy seeing your work!
Good for you to watch your grandie!

Jackie said...

I sometimes wonder if my scraps will ever get used up. Lovely projects to work on, and that chair sitting in front of the window wow.

God bless.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry the boys lost their last game - that is sad for them. Here the temperature is turning cold again too - I need to protect the berry bushes again tomorrow night!

Linda said...

What a lovely, cozy space you have! I'd be staring out that window at the pines with my back to the fire all day. It's hard to watch our Grands lose their games, but sounds like they had a very successful season. Good luck with your appointments - I look forward to seeing some "thrift finds". :D

Susie H said...

You've been making such good progress on your projects, both cross-stitch and quilting. Hoping the grandson can focus on how well they did this season rather than the crushing loss at the very end. Took them quite a few games before the season-ender and that should be he & the team think about.

Carol in Texas said...

I’ve missed several of your entries, so I caught up this morning, and I agree with a sentiment you expressed in one that you hoped you would always want to stitch and look forward to the next piece. I am just loving stitching and the enormous choice of patterns and fabrics and flosses is so exciting. I’m currently working on two pieces…..one I stitch on if I find time during the day and one is by the TV and is my night project. I have several pieces I’ve finished and I need to be excited about finishing pieces, not just stitching them!!!!

Spring is well underway here in central Texas. It is an outstanding bluebonnet year and they are all along the highways as I drive into town and home again. It just moves too quickly!!! I love the bright green of the new leaves. One has to drink it in while it lasts!

PaintedThread said...

I like those orange peel blocks. Oh, that fire looks so cozy. We just installed a small wood stove - late in the season, but we're looking forward to using it.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

My scraps never seem to decrease no matter how many scrap quilts I make! Not fair! My daughter took ballet for over 10 years and I spent lots of time at competitions as well as classes. So glad that's over! Your fireplace looks so nice and warm. Perfect for this time of year.

grammajudyb said...

It’s a great thing to support grands and great grands in their endeavors. Your stitching is going to be so lovely! And a granny square afghan will be fun. Thanks for sharing a peek at your stitching place. So comfy and lovely views! Both behind you and the fire in front of you!

dq said...

Looks to me like you have been getting lots done even while attending hockey events. I have always wanted to do an orange peel quilt - love it.

Angela said...

Stitching by your fire must be incredibly relaxing! Enjoy!

Karrin Hurd said...

My scrap bins never decrease no matter how much I use them. Love the orange peel blocks!

Kim said...

Sitting in your stitching chair with the sun streaming through the window and a crackling fir to keep you warm and cosy sounds like the perfect way to spend moments through the day. I've always wanted to make an orange peel quilt. Yours are lovely. There's nothing quite like team sports to teach children many of life's lessons.

Anonymous said...

The scraps just never seem to be used up, no matter how hard we try! You are like me with several different types of projects underway at any one time. Variety is the spice of life. We are back to cooler temps too. Take care. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Denise said...

Love those scrappy blocks and orange peels. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Chookyblue...... said...

We had a completed cross roads quilt hanging at the retreat I was at last week..... It's a great quilt...... Goodluck with yours......