Monday 19 December 2016

Pre Christmas Snapshots, Morris Inspired, Potato Dish

I'm typing this on my laptop to the light of my wee little Christmas tree.  It plugs into a usb port and is so cute.  I've been spending a lot of time in the sewing room working out those last two projects so it is nice to have a tiny bit of Christmas there too.



So what else have I been doing?  

Been shoveling a lot...I think I mentioned it is my job to shovel and salt the front steps and veranda. Lately I've had to do the shoveling twice a day; on the up side-fresh air and exercise.



Looking at pretty things-older daughters' starry patio doors which give such a glow to the den I couldn't resist trying to capture it...


And younger daughter's cute snowmen...she has a set of these, small, medium and large.


Getting to wear my William Morris inspired scarf.  Believe it or not, I spied this as they were putting them on the shelves at the Gap last August (because yes, they put out winter stock at the height of summer!).  I love it and have had two compliments on it from perfect strangers.  


I've not had occasion to wear my scarf with my William Morris inspired shopping tote but who knows, maybe one of these days I will.  Right now my crochet hexagon project is being stylishly housed in it.




I made a Potato Au Gratin.  I'm the potato lover here but just say it has cheese and Hubby is happy. We both agreed this was tasty. 


I've been reading...


I realized I haven't told you about the books I've been reading.  These are three from November that I read.  I enjoyed all of them though they are very, very different.  Two of these, The Goldfinch and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao are Pulitzer Prize winners.  So it is a little inexplicable that I enjoyed Mrs. Kimble just as much.  Completely different writing sytles with very different characters, but I found them all engaging and was able to stick with them to the end.

So keeping busy; keeping the wolves at bay. No that's a little dramatic.  Everything's fine really.

More Christmas chatter next time.

No comments :