Sunday 11 March 2018

Fabric Dieting, Two Sites to Visit For Bunny Love

I read a post by a blogger who was saying she could accomplish so much stitching in front of the tv which perhaps was a sign of what tv shows have become.  It made me think which shows make me put down my stitching and actually watch, not just listen.  The list is very short.
Downton Abbey and The Crown come to mind. Fargo I also watched because I loved the characters and accents. Do you have any that make you actually put down the needle and watch?

Something those of you in the southern hemisphere need not worry about when it comes to ice...

Several of you have shared falling down stories.
 I've spoken about my slippitus which continues stronger than ever esp. after my toes incident. With some thawing, more rain, more snow and continued cold temperatures, icy patches are everywhere here.  I saw a man walking in dress shoes the other day and I wanted to say something to him, I really did.  I'm sure he was my age so what a risk he was taking wearing (albeit) great looking shoes but ones so ill suited for an ice patched parking lot.

Fabric Dieting

I've also been reading how a number of you have put yourselves on Fabric Diets.  I realized that even though I have more fabric than ever in my life all sitting in those shelves over there...


I want more! Yes I can think right now of at least three different kinds of fabrics I "need".
#1. orangey/brownish batiks for maybe this pumpkin hanging from Laundry Basket Quilts I want to make next fall.

                                                         Pumpkins

#2. Kona solids I need especially in snow white, and
#3.purples/mauves which are almost nil in my stash.  This is just right off the top of my head.
  Oh yes, also I've always wanted some Liberty fabrics- just love the prints, but they are so dear!!


Bunny Love

I've lost a particular photo of myself taken when I was 7 years old. Mom had knit me a cardigan with bunnies on the front and she had used a bit of Mohair for the tails so they looked fluffy. My hair was in curls held back with a bow made of that heavy satin ribbon they used in those days. Mom remembers the sweater as pale blue with white bunnies.
 My nickname was still Bunny then too.

 Like all of us, every now and then I will think of something I've lost and Sundays seem to be a prompt for me to do so. But Bunnies are cropping up with the season which is probably why this memory came to me.

And that made me think of  Bunny Hill Designs, a site I visit that offers a lot of cute bunny stuff. I bought this pattern called A Tisket A Tasket a couple of years ago and look at it from time to time.  Filed under One of These Days... I know I'm not the only one with such a file.
The Bunny Love continues with another site I love to visit, Jenny of Elefantz. Here is Jennifer's project, The Secret Garden, which features a gorgeous redworked bunny at its center. 
But back to reality-I've got my red tulip block of the Potted Flowers BOM series all set up for  appliquing today.  This very old light box has sure come in handy.

It's bright but chilly here this morning.  Minus 10 C with the wind.  Still in my woolies!
And joining the other folks slow stitching at Kathy's Quilts. As well as the link up parties at
Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsWhat a Hoot Quilts, Love, Laugh, QuiltQuilting is More Fun Than HouseworkEsther's Blog and Busy Hands Quilts.





No comments :