Sunday 3 February 2019

Free Cross Stitch Patterns, Stitching Cornwall Cottage And Feeding the Birds

Happy February to all!
Half way through the winter and the sun on our backs this morning had real warmth to it despite the freezing air temperature.
Here is the February block for A Patchwork Year called Forget Me Not, designed by the wonderful Kathy Schmitz.


Hubby has just had to use one of his favourite toys, the snow tractor/blower. ☺

A little update on my Cornwall Cottage Sampler, designed by Karen Kluba for Rosewood Manor.  It is large at 294 x 294 stitches, 2 strands on 32 count linen.  It features a border of half quaker motifs...a pleasure to stitch. Click here to check out some free charts from Karen.

The beginning in January 2017.

Stitching on the veranda in the summer of 2017.  Oh how I liked that.

The purchase of this Ott light greatly helped these old eyes with the counting.


Present day; its' time has come to be finished. I took a hard look at it and decided to make this my OMG for February over at Elm Street Quilts...not to be completely done, nooo, but to have all the quaker motifs stitched. I think I can do that as they are my favourite to stitch.
And with that in mind I am also joining the SAL at  Sewing Beside the Sea, a stitch along designed to give encouragement to get a started project moved along or finished or to work on a new one. Perfect for me.
And here are all the stitchers taking part so far. Perhaps you'd like to check out Avis' blog and read more about it.  Meanwhile there are wonderful projects being stitched by these ladies...take a look.

AvisClaireGunCaroleLucyAnnKateJessSueConstanzeDebbieroseChristinaKathyMargaretCindyHelen,StephLindaHeidiJackieSunnyHayleyMeganCatherineDeborahConnieClare, Mary MargaretReneeJenny,CarmelaJocelyn

  How do these little mites survive in such frigid temperatures!  Here are a couple of American Goldfinches with a chickadee coming in for a landing during the last heavy snowfall. Taken from my window and closely cropped.

On this February Sunday I will be filling the feeders as well as stiching. Take care out there; this polar vortex thing is serious stuff. And likewise, enjoy your warmth but stay cool my friends in the southern hemisphere.
Always appreciated: joining the slow Sunday Stitchers at Kathy's Quilts. Also meeting up with the folks at Viewing Nature With Eileen, Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, and Pretty Piney.

17 comments :

G Adrian, Sweden said...

Welcome to the SAL! You´ve picked a beautiful embroidery to "start" with.

The Crafty Creek said...

The sampler is gorgeous, I love the colours, looking forward to watching this one develop.

Lbick said...

Welcome to the group. Love your sampler. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Suzanne said...

Your stitchery is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the info on the SAL.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi there and thanks for stopping by. My Cornwall Cottage is underway again thanks to the SAL. I feel really good about that.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, thanks so much for visiting me! This just has the 6 colours which is really great to work with and the two greens are easy to keep straight. Esp. compared to some projects I've worked.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi thanks so much for dropping over here. I'm really happy to be working on this again...enjoyable and maybe this time it will get done...with the SAL.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are kind, Suzanne. This is a pretty project as are all of Karen's designs. The SAL just might give me the incentive to get this rather large piece done.

Carole said...

Love your sampler. The SAL is a great incentive to get things finished as you always want to have something to show every three weeks. It's definitely helped me to get my stitching done!
I'm so sorry to have missed your name off the links last Sunday. I've rectified that now. Looking forward to seeing your projects :)

Christine said...

Beautiful stitcherie!

Tanza Erlambang said...

such a beautiful embroidery...
have a great day

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Love your Forget me not block, and your embroidery!

johnypoipet said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
IWIN89

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

your hubby looks like mine on his tractor, don't know how he ever did things without it

Stewart M said...

Wow that looks cold. We dont get weather like that in this part of Australia - and we dont get birds on feeders like that either!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Stewart, from my Australian blogging friends, I’ve learned about the many various birds in your wonderful part of the world. That’s what I love about having a blog. I just love learning about the birds.

Kate said...

Hope you made lots of progress on you February OMG.