Tuesday 20 August 2019

Mom's Ginger Puffs, Kay's Perfect Circles, Silpada Silver, Debbie Bliss Andes Wool


In my work world I lived by the to do list. I had notes for just about everything and I credited them for keeping me on track and on top of whatever needed doing.
For the first year after retirement, I would put my hand in a skirt pocket and there would be one of my notes. I loved coming across them and mostly because it reminded me that that world was behind me and nothing was as pressing it seemed any more.

This is a happy totally non work related to do list.

Make a batch of these....
                          
                            
They are called Mom's Ginger Puffs and ginger is good for you(!) and the link is here to the Crosbie Molasses recipe.

Any of you using this? Collagen supplements. I've been reading so much about how healthy it is so I thought I would give it a try.  I've mentioned before how my hair is so fine and I can't grow nails.  Maybe this will help.  But really it isn't just the superficial I'm concerned with; the claims include it will help all the connective tissues in the body.  I've bought a smaller size to give it a go and I'll be feeding it to Hubby too. :)
                                                    
                                                      
                                               To Order List
Order these.  Several of you use them and find them wonderful for achieving perfect circles for applique.  They've been on my to order list for some time.  Putting it in writing here will make me hop to it.  The Amazon link is here and I'm going to order them through the link at Karen's blog at Quilts Etc....

                                       Image result for kay buckley circles
                                          
Also on my "to order" list is this necklace available from Silpada ; they call it the Thoreau. I love silver jewelry, as do several people on my Christmas list and this necklace gets rave reviews-they also say it sells out fast.  I've had it noted for a couple of weeks and it is something I can tuck away for Christmas gifts.
                                    
                                   
Stitching Stuff
Get my new crochet project started. I've had several false tries with sorting out the size of the hook to use with this wool, that would be the Debbie Bliss Andes which has alpaca in it so is very soft. 

                                 
Here's what I have in my head to make, well not exactly this but something similar. I don't have the skill to make an actual Sophie Digard scarf though while exploring recently I found a site that offered her patterns! (Update...further to this, no, there are no patterns around...why Sophie hasn't offered any is a bit of a mystery.)
                                   
                        See the source image             
Get my red flags blocks made this week.  I've made blue ones as shown in last post so now want to proceed to the red.
But also want to halt the flag fun long enough to resurrect my photograph blocks which are partially joined and get that flimsy ready.

So retirement is sweet and time does not rest heavy on my hands...ever!
I think I'm going to enjoy writing a public to do list each week.  Next week I'll let you know if I got it done!
Note: I had problems with this post as I tried to get fancy and link photos on my old Acer with this one and it caused a riot of problems. With Hubby's help I rescued it but a different version has appeared from the original. Computers are scary!

Linking this post with Home Sewn By Us . 







From <https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2992849643268817750>


14 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what crochet pattern are you doing with all those balls of yarn? Love that scarf. I never seem to have luck with all those kinds of supplements I hope the collagen works or at least helps.
the Mylar circles are great for applique circles!! I make list all the time! I have an on going list for the grocery store that I keep on my phone with a grocery ap and then I have another list by the computer and another in the kitchen!

Rebecca Grace said...

You are going to LOVE those Perfect Circle templates! I had the opportunity to take two workshops with Karen Kay Buckley last month, hand and machine applique, using these templates and although both methods are time consuming, it is totally worth it to get those beautiful perfect circles in any size. I bought (and regularly use) her larger set of Perfect Circles, too, as well as the Perfect Leaves and the Perfect Ovals (great for flower petals). Have fun!

Roseanne said...

Hi Jocelyn! What a fun list of to-dos for the week. The nice thing about these lists is that NOTHING happens if you don't get anything done. The quilting police won't show up on your porch, no one will give you the evil eye, and there's absolutely no stress about these lists. I'm checking out your ginger puffs - I love ginger and it IS good for you. I hope you'll report on the collagen supplement. I often wonder if that is something I should add. ~smile~ Roseanne

Nancy J said...

Retirement is a wonderful time in our lives, no more running to the clock, or catching up every weekend on housework and cleaning. I relish the fact I do not have to have a program, and can pick and chose what I do each day. Love that scarf, and your yarns, a lovely winter project.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I, too, love the relaxed feel of retirement - slow mornings, no "must-dos" given me by the boss, lol! So making a quilty/personal to-do list is pure fun. I might need those perfect circles - will have to check them out! Enjoy your Ginger Puffs - they look yummy!

Jenny said...

Yes, retirement is certainly fun. The only list I usually have on the go is a grocery list, where I not down items as we run out. But I will be making a holiday list any day soon, we are flying over to Australia next week. Where are the passports!

Brian's Home Blog said...

The Dad agrees with you, retirement is terrific, but those ginger puffs look great too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You're right - computers ARE scary (at least they are in my hands!!). I'll be hopeful for an update on the collagen experiment - my nails have always been woefully soft and rip really easily. I'm a silver jewelry person too and that necklace would be perfect with so many things. AND - that scarf is a work of art...but could be recreated with small granny squares I would think.

Angie said...

Jocelyn - I couldn't agree more - retirement is sweet - and tastes like those ginger confections at the beginning of your post. I love ginger and will have to give this a try. Despite being retired, I still keep to do lists, but it's OK since they are the things I want to do! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Michele McLaughlin said...

My husband and I both take Collagen. It helps with our joints. I love the colors of your yarn, so yummy!

Radka said...

Those ginger puffs look wonderful!!!!
And I love the shawl, good luck with it,
xx

K Reeves said...

Lovely post, you are enjoying retirement to the full, I think!

Jenn Jilks said...

I like to-do lists, as well. Sometimes I start one that is truly a ta-da list, the stuff I've done!!!

OFFER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.