Tuesday 23 May 2023

Tulip Bouquet, Nona QAL, Blueberry Cream Lasagna

The first turtle sighting took place last week. They do seem to wait for sunshine with warmth here. And have disappeared again with the temperatures dropping-overnight frost warnings continue.
Daughter gave us another of her cakes. This one is Blueberry Cream Cheesecake Lasagna. Recipe here  What a delicious mixture!  A wonderful summertime dessert and Tony's favourite  part was that there was a lot of it. 😊
Speaking of blue berries, I have pieces of my next Rainbow Neighbourhood house block cut out and one section sewn. Blue is up next and I thought of adding a little variety by using a more subdued colour and also experimenting with white windows in this one.
I checked out this video from wonderful Teresa Down Under -who wouldn't be curious about a block called Blueberry Pie.  What a neat block! I may end up with some variation of this to make it fit the space. Or I might just find something else entirely. Either way it will be finalized this week.

                                          

I was happy to have this photo of my little Tulip Bouquet table topper at older daughter, Amelia's, house. She has the sweetest little house and has an eye for decorating.          Info about this free pattern HERE.
I just read about this QAL being run by Jessica Dayon, The Nona Quilt Along. Really neat block, actually I think it is two different stylings of the same block maybe? that together form a neat design. Love when that happens. The blocks are free with extensive tutorials.
Jessica's link for more information. Thank you Jessica and all the other wonderful designers who generously share their talents with us!

I was sad about the Indiana Barred Owls. The female laid two eggs, was sitting for a while but then abandoned them. The live feed has been turned off and this is the first time in many years this has happened. I miss seeing the cute little owlets grow and fledge. 

I am keeping very busy; I have Petey staying with us for awhile and I like how much play time the two dogs share. Ned is completely enamoured with his larger, more athletic brother. They are getting me up early and keeping me on my toes, both good things.
I'm also getting out and about with my camera...doused in mosquito spray and wearing a warm sweater. It is still cool in shadowy places where I tend to hang out when hoping to spy birds.  
This week I will be cleaning up the garden and thinking about new plantings, etc. 
Now I feel like it is truly spring.




17 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blueberry desert looks wonderful and I bet it tasted great too. the dogs look like they are having fun.

Jackie said...

Your daughter gifts you the most wonderful cakes!!!

Aww, your little topper turned out perfectly.

God bless.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the blue fabric for your latest house, Jocelyn! Picking out the fabric for each house is half the fun, isn't it? Your daughter's blueberry cheesecake lasagna looks yummy! So sorry to hear about the barred owls - those cams are so enjoyable to watch.

Jenn Jilks said...

I've been on my toes today, and hurt my recurring foot issue. Sigh.
I do enjoy your quilt work. I admire your skills.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is one good looking turtle and WOW, that cheesecake looks terrific. I'll bet the pups are having tons of fun.

Jenny said...

So nice to see those happy doggy faces, looks like they are having such a fun time together.

Susie H said...

I was out and about yesterday looking at flowers, etc. to get some garden ideas. I think I have it resolved. Just need to get into the dirt now! Happy for Ned that he has a play buddy. It's good for the heart & soul, even if one is a dog. It's also good for the owner to watch the romping and enjoying the playtime. Of course, we humans enjoy it most from the sidelines! hahaha

Linda said...

That blueberry lasagna looks delicious. We love those layered desserts - they have gone by many names over the years! The photo of your table topper is so pretty! Good thing you are spraying yourself for mosquitoes. I have to spray myself for chiggers. I've already been bitten 3 times, so I need to be diligent with the spray. I just downloaded and saved that Nona pattern - I love it!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

That Tulip Bouquet mini is so cute! Your daughter styled it perfectly. So sorry about the owls. So sad, but the birds seem to know when the eggs are no good. Keep safe outside and spray often and I hope you spot some lovely birds! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop, we're so glad you hopped in with us.

PaintedThread said...

What an interesting lasagna. Ned looks happy to have Petey staying!

Michele McLaughlin said...

I do love your tulip mini quilt! That blueberry cake looks fantastic, thanks for sharing the link! It's still cool here too but we haven't had frost in town although north of us experienced some. So much fun seeing the pups! Sending hugs!

sue s said...

Funny you should mention that about the owls- Cornell also has a webcam on barred owls and I watched the two parents as they flew in and out with no rhyme or reason, while NOT sitting on the eggs! Interesting....

Cute tulip mat and happy for the dogs.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those Labs! Hugs

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Such a fun post!! Your Cheesecake looks amazing!! and how fun to see a turtle!! Love your pups - they just look so happy!

Carol Andrews said...

Jocelyn it is good to hear the turtles are back, but so sad about the owls. Your Bleuebery Lasagna looks fabulous. I think I might need to try it. Thank you for sharing the link to the recipe. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

Chookyblue...... said...

Perfect reflection of the turtle.......