Tuesday 3 May 2016

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

                      good intentions by Kathy Barrick:

This is a piece I should definitely work...it is so me!  Besides the great quote, I love the sewing/stitching motif this one has.   It is Good Intentions by Kathy Barrick and can be purchased at
the 123 Stitch site.

We have an expression at home..."It's how you're knit," sometimes applied when you have a trait or habit that can't quite be explained.  It's probably derived from the Psalm that says "You knit me together in my mother's womb".
 In this case we could also say it's how you're stitched.


Recently I had cause to take the time to evaluate me, myself and I.  After leaving my father's house, my own place in this world has always seemed tenuous to me.  Moving around a lot maybe contributed to that feeling.  I think I also have a touch of a rolling stone complex, the old Irish restlessness.  My bit of writing, my reading and needlework helped ground me wherever I have lived.  I cling to these because they have been my constant and always with me, sort of like the best friendship I have never been able to cultivate.

You who have best friends are lucky.  And you who don't, you will understand what I'm talking about.

No one else is responsible for my happiness.  It is mine and mine alone.

Words from Iyania
"Ask yourself what you needed and did not get, what you wanted and did not ask for, what you knew but chose to ignore."

Not all who wander are lost.  Somewhat comforting to think but I have to ask why some of us are prone to wander.

No comments :