Tuesday 1 December 2015

Are You Watching This?

Anybody else watching this show?


The <b>Great</b> <b>British</b> <b>Bake</b> <b>Off</b> | britishaisles

Not the best show to stitch to as I do want to see what each baker is doing.  Great contestants and even greater judges.  None of the hysterics or drama or meaness of the other cooking contest shows. If there is any hijinks, it is well hidden from the cameras.
 The way the show is designed you can actually learn something about how to make an item.  For instance, one of the shows had the bakers making biscuits and then Florentine cookies, a cookie I am partial to.  I learned a lot about making both during that episode.

Speaking of lovely food...



Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, is still a favourite of mine. I usually like all the food she makes.   I get to borrow her books from the library and I always find a recipe or two I would like to try.  She has a chocolate cake recipe that I have waiting in the wings for me to try very soon.

And I do like growing things...
Life in all its forms is fascinating to me.


My Coleus is growing well.  The pinching back has helped to strengthen it and make it thicken and spread rather than growing long and leggy.  Consider how it began as a few sprigs  back in January. I never apply fertilizers as I use the compost soil which I think is loaded with nutrients.



I am thrilled to see that the orchid has made up her mind to try blooming again.  She has sent out one long shoot and according to photos I looked up, this is a bloom- to- be.  Fingers crossed.


Jeepers, just look at that ground outside...so blah.  Yes it sure is November.

Thanksgiving Note 

I have had a field day reading fellow bloggers' accounts of their Thanksgiving Day adventures.  Some involved smoke alarms, something called spiral cut hams, some with the best turkey ever, others the worst turkey ever, and of course, the round-up of recipes that will be keepers.
 Sounds like a lot of turkey and food was eaten and a lot of fun was had.
 Wonderful sharing and wonderful reading.

No comments :