Thursday 6 September 2018

Thursday Threads

Despite the continual muggy weather...which means high humidity, or perhaps because of it, the marigolds keep blooming in my pots.  What a hardy annual!


I promised you a link re stippling. I haven't tried it yet I confess. But  I will as soon as I am no longer mad busy.
 Stippling as a quilting technique is something that weirdly has evaded me. It looks like it should be so easy, brainless even but yet, I always sew myself into a corner or back track over sew lines without meaning to and it ends up being kind of ugly. I wonder is it saying something about my personality that I just can't meander.  This link is to a method that attaches a little organization to those squiggly lines perhaps just enough to work for someone like me. Anyway let me know what you think.

The Quilting Board-Paths to Better Stippling

Up Where He Does Not Belong


My blogging friend, Libby at Life on the Hill, was on a quilting cruise to Alaska! I'm so envious but happy for her -I have always wanted to do that cruise but loving seeing her photos and here is her post about the stitching part of that amazing trip.

I don't think I showed you my previous four Sarah Grasshopper blocks all finished!  A unique pattern with a lot of little pieces to hand stitch, but I actually enjoyed it.  The last block pattern has been released, a star but also one with many pieces...tiny eeek. However, this BOM has been such a pleasure to slow stitch I'm not complaining. (And it is not only the kitchen where Miss Murphy is underfoot!)


This is the most wonderful story of an injured condor being released after a long rehabilitation. He is surrounded by his vets, biologists and caretakers in this video who he kept looking back at. Condors are the largest flying bird in the world and an endangered one.  I had tears in my eyes watching this remarkable event.  While watching I kept thinking positive thoughts of what a wonderful world this is with people all over the globe caring about and looking after animals and birds.


I'll finish the thankful wonderful Thursday likes with another video.  The Queen's Welsh Guardsmen adding their tribute to Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, playing Respect outside Buckinham Palace.  And what a gift to this world she was!


Always happy to link with Not Afraid of Color and Brian's Home Blog.  Also Sew Fresh Quilts,  Esther's Quilt Blog, Quilting is More Fun Than HouseworkEm's Scrapbag,
Crazy Mom Quilts and Quilt Fabrication where Halloween is creeping into the projects.




No comments :