Thursday 12 September 2019

Counting Blessings and Did I Cut My Hair Too Short

I never take any of the blessings in my "now life" for granted including you who are reading my blog. Thanks sincerely for the care, concern, encouragement and advice you take the time to write me in comments and emails. They always give me a lift.
Here are a few of my other blessings and likes for this week.
More fall colour appearing here and there in the garden. The Sedum is blooming in its unique way.  These are pretty shades of mauves and lavenders.
 The Golden Broadleaf has been blooming well, faring better this year than last.  Bees and butterflies love it as well as the Sedum.
And lots more of the gorgeous wild purple asters that are called Smooth Blues.
We enjoyed having visitors here to the wooden house last Sunday.  It was especially nice to catch up on all the news and they came bearing treats, namely homemade blueberry tarts.  Delicious!
While younger grandson is a Grade One'er, older grandson is a Grade 10er! It was his 15th birthday recently and his aunt made this cake, the Marvel Infinity gauntlet, for him. It was quite a hit with everyone including The Keg staff. It had chocolate and vanilla layers inside and I wound up eating two pieces, it was so good.  What a great night our tiny family had! Little grandson could barely contain himself but did keep the secret of what the cake was this year.
I really liked the summer duvet set I bought at Ikea.  So much like William Morris- his influence lives on!  It caught my eye online and luckily they had it in store too.
I mentioned I was piecing all the pastels and florals scraps together for a someday project. Here's what I have so far.
These are the littlest of the scraps and I think it produces an overall pleasing look. Some time ago I showed you the Quiltmania idea that inspired this venture Their plan includes applique and making a pillow cushion.
 For some strange reason, smaller projects don't come to my mind. Contrarily I prefer longer ones I guess.
Meanwhile I was pleased with this thrift store purchase below and thought I'd show it to you.  A blue and white striped tunic worn over leggings.  It is by Guillaume, a Canadian name I recognized, and the fabric is super nice with pretty embroidered flowers here and there. Comfy comes to mind.
I'd just cut my hair and am thinking I cut it too short; maybe that accounts for my slightly worried look,:). However, I never really worry as I know hair will grow back.
I've rambled on long enough for this thankful, things to like post. Happy Thursday all!
Linking with Not Afraid of ColorThe Inquiring QuilterFor the Love of GeeseFloral Friday Foto and It's a Small Town Life.




26 comments :

Michelle said...

I think your hair looks wonderful! Sweet to see your two grands together. Thanks for linking up

Julierose said...

I love your haircut--it looks great and easy to care for...hugs from Julierose (still debating on my own hair...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your hair looks beautiful! And I usually like mine a couple of weeks AFTER it is cut! Love the tiny squares you are stitching...so many pretty colors! Oh and the lavenders in the flowers! Enjoy your afternoon!

Nancy J said...

Lovely pastel pieces, and with no seams to match, this gives a beautiful look to them all, Hair cut, just perfect in my eyes.

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW oh WOW, the Sedum is amazing and your hair looks super wonderful!

Libby in TN said...

Great flower photos. I am putting a "real" camera on my Christmas wish list! Love your hair. Had mine cut short like that before the wedding. I got lots of compliments, but I can't keep it styled like that so I'm letting it grow back to a bob.

PaintedThread said...

Wow - that Sedum is an amazing looking plant. That gauntlet cake looks really cool. And those blueberry tarts looked yummy. Look at all those itty bitty pieces - so very pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your pastel piece, Jocelyn! A cushion cover with appliqued flowers would be a lovely use for it! I think your hair looks great, and it will grow out if you prefer it longer. Looks like a fun time was had at older grandson's birthday get together!

Jenny said...

Your hair looks great Jocelyn, and I love your new shirt. I have never heard or seen Sedum before, just love those colours. And your pastel piece is so pretty.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes the sedum is gorgeous. The B day cake sounds awesome and the tarts look yummy. I like your hair, and marvel at your tiny piecing.

magnoliasntea said...

Hi there! Your flowers are really gorgous, and yay, another crafty blog for me that I didn't know about before you stopped by my site. Thank you! Love the pretty blouse, too. Embroidered ones are so nice.
Have a great day!
Toni

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your hair looks great! Love that pastel piece you are working on! Such a lovely family, your youngest grandson looks full of unholy glee in that photo :D Have a wonderful week!

Linda said...

Very classy hair and beautiful color. I had to Google Marvel Infinity gauntlet - ha! I love your duvet and your pastel scrap project. Great score on the tunic!

Nana said...

Oh no, you look very good!!!!!!!!

Nana

Lynn said...

The simple things in life are definitely the best and your post has them in abundance: beautiful creation, celebrating with family, those blueberry tarts look amazing, creating and looking fabulous!

Kim said...

And...your lovely place is a blessing each time I visit you. =) A lovely post filled with many a gorgeous blessing. Beautiful flowers, loved grandsons, gorgeous friends, pretty thrift shop treasures and not to mention your beautiful stitching. Love your new scrappy pretty in the making. AND....may I say your new hairdo is lovely.

Julie said...

Your hair looks great, as does that scrappy patchwork.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your hair looks good. When I was in high school I wanted a short cut that was popular at the time. Cut my long locks off and showed my big ears. NEVER again. I have always admired short dos. My hair is really long now..layered to almost my waist. My SIL died of cancer and had no hair the last 5 years of her life due to Chemo. She always commented on how much she loved my hair. Every time I get out the scissors I think of her and just can't cut.

My short Asters are blooming, but the bush that is 6' tall is still not yet. I love their blue/purple with bright yellow centers.

I love that pic of your grands. Even though I can't see his face, the little one looks like he's just full of it!!

Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Out To Pasture said...

Havn't seen that variety of sedum before. I love it and will watch for it the next time I'm plant shopping. Your hair looks great, Jocelyn.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

When I go to the thrift store, I can't find a thing- I love your shirt. Very nice. I think your hair cut is good- mine is shorter. Haha. That duvet set is so pretty and fits right in with those walls. Mauve and lavender flowers and leaves??? I'm amazed.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jocelyn lovely post I love your new duvet cover it's so pretty, I also love your hair cut I think it suits you and what a great buy your shirt is ,I love it hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I just love the vibrant colors of your beautiful flowers. So pretty! The birthday cake sounds delicious! I love anything scrappy. I love the low volume pastels. Your hair looks great! I don't think it looks too short at all!

QuiltGranma said...

Beautiful flowers. My Autumn Sedum Joy is blooming pink and the deer come in for a taste on occasion. I know from past experience that even in winter when it is dried and brown that they will eat it then too. Loving your tiny piecing of pastels.

Jenn Jilks said...

I like your haircut! It looks modern and lovely.
Great projects.
The colours of the garden are so yummy!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Your hair is gorgeous! I love it. I also love the pastel scrap project you're working on. It'll be fun seeing what it becomes! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Nancy said...

Great haircut and your pastel scraps sewn together look beautiful.