Sunday 1 September 2019

Beautiful Free Fall Patterns, Ottawa Views, Cross Stitching

 Ottawa itself is known for its green spaces and we are surrounded by farmland here a little outside the city. Our drives in any direction take us through fields of crops and grazing animals. Recently I tested my new camera for action photos and took these as we were driving.
I love that there are still small farms where you can stop in for eggs or locally raised meat.
The corn is getting high.
  Something so calm and peaceful feeling about the sight of farm houses with the barns and silos.
Coming here from somewhere coastal where it's all about the sea and cliffs, I was taken with the pastoral look of things as you can imagine.  I especially like that the roads are flat and straight which makes me less afraid for winter driving.

Last look at the day lilies with all their vibrant colours.  I've shown you the orange and the yellows. Here are shades of pink/red and one that is yellow with that striking ring of burgundy.
My cross stitching piece, Summer Storm, is growing at a snail's pace because I'm trying to be so careful. And about that, thank you all so much for the suggestions as to how to see this weave properly. Hubby and I were talking and I realized I haven't had my eyes checked in almost 10 years. (I conveniently measure events now BH -Before Hubby or After Hubby).  Probably due.
Lynette Anderson has published this new book of very sweet patterns, Lynette's Best Loved Stitcheries available here at the Martingale site.  I like the shades of violet and mauve she has used in that sashing too.
                                          Martingale - Lynette's Best-Loved Stitcheries (Print version + eBook bundle)
Before I forget...Hubby wanted me to tell you all that the box the Phoebe had nested on was not electrical so very safe. It's an audio sound box that was connected to the stereo in the shed.  The former owners must have had backyard parties.  I guess that's why it had no signs of bird usage till now.

 The busy Jacquelynne Steeves has collated this group of free projects for the fall I went through all the while thinking can it really be fall!  Several are of interest to me. Here is the link to Jacquelynne's site if you'd like to check it out yourself.

                                       
So on this first Sunday of this new month, Happy September all!
Grateful to be linking with Kathy's QuiltsSkywatch FridayLetting Go the Bay Leaf and Floral Friday Foto.





20 comments :

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gee, September already!! My day lilies were done a few weeks ago but my Rose of Sharon are going strong. I am reminded that October usually brings cold enough weather to turn on the heat. I think I have finally developed the habit of sewing everyday. Now I need to find a hand stitching project to do at night while (not) watching TV.
xx, Carol

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful lilies and stitchery.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

You have green in your life! I love those farm photos. Also, love seeing your hand stitching.Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

doesn't matter how fast or slow you stitch, the important thing is you're making progress ^^
claire93

Jill said...

Scenic countryside photos. Yes, get your eyes examined as they are irreplaceable and you don't want to unnecessarily overstrain them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice you do not need to move the bird nest - and yes sounds like time for an eye check up :) love all those lilies I need to get more than just the orange that I have.

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

Yes, do get your eyes checked. I love the before and after husband method of chronology LOL.

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

I think I'm due an eye check up too, thank you for the reminder! Beautiful pictures, I love seeing pics from this group scattered all over the world. Happy stitching x

CathieJ said...

I like your new header picture. I love the day-lilies and the views. Your stitching looks like is progressing well. It is a good idea to have your eyes checked periodically. I go every two years. My distance vision is now getting better as I get older, but I need correction for close work now. Sigh...

Magpie Sue said...

That yellow and burgundy day lily is a stunner. Might have to look into getting some for my yard! I hope you can have some fun stitching in spite of issues with your eyes.

Gun said...

Beautiful lilies! Nice progress!

Mary Margaret said...

Jocelyn I understand what you mean about your eyes. After I finished Crown of Thorns I needed a new prescription for glasses too!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh my, but you day lily colors are just breathtaking! Thank you! Have a grand week!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Get those eyes checked! Clay and I have scheduled Cataract surgeries back to back. His is on 17 and 24 Sep and Mine are 1 and 8 October. I know that it will put a crimp in my quilting but the blurry vision has slowed me down. Did not realize how bad they were until the trip to OK! Could not read the travel signs until I was very close - Once the Cataract's go they go fast! Take care of yours!

Deb said...

Loved your post and lovely stitchery.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh thanks for the link for the free patterns. I need to get busy with a craft project. I've cleaned and cooked getting ready for the hurricane and now I have nervous energy! Oh, and I love driving past small farms too! Makes me happy!

Angie said...

Jocelyn- how wonderful that you still have daylilies blooming. I love anything orange, but I also adore purple, so these are endearing to me! Thanks for the link to free fall projects. I might get my craft group up and running again and we will need some new ideas. So glad to have you linking up to Mosaic Monday today!

Lorrie said...

Lovely photos of the Ottawa countryside. I've not been to that part of our country, but my husband has and thoroughly enjoyed it. One day I hope to get there. Your craft ideas are great!

Aditya Narayan Mohanty said...

Nice photos . Please check out my photos too on my blog .

OFFER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.