Friday 29 November 2013

Embroidered Felt Birds and BLack Friday Bargains

Here are embroidered felt birds I made for last Christmas.  It was the first time I had used felt and was very surprised by how easy it was to embroider . Overall this was a good project; each one worked up quickly and I could use my own creativity to use whatever embroidery stitches I felt like.  My inspiration for the patterns came from the site Badbirds which is a great one to check out as they offer lots of free patterns.  I like the rather whimsical aspect their birds seem to have too.  Of course, it is always fun to work on something for Christmas whatever it may be.
I have plans to work on similar decorations this month.  Besides my embroidered mitten which is being worked on cotton, I would like to use felt again and this time make stars and another motif.  Still thinking....
Did you get out to the stores today?  My grandson asked me this morning if Black Friday meant it was a bad thing and it wasn't easy explaining the financial concept that sums up a day that can take a business from being in the red to being safely in the black all the while selling their merchandise at deep discounts. 
There is something very satisfying about buying what you want at a bargain though (for those of us on the other side of the counter). 
Hope your day was a bargain.   

No comments :