Sunday 1 January 2017

Better Late Than Never

My New Year's Eve Dance days are over I guess. But this year I did go out but not far, just down the road. ( I know I sound like I'm 100.)

 I went to the Family New Year's Eve celebrations at the local township park.  For families, they were offering free horse drawn sleigh rides, a huge bonfire with free hot chocolate, roasted wieners and marshmallows.  The fireworks show at 6 pm was the main event and I was as happy to see them as any of the little ones.  My little camera couldn't capture them but this is a photo taken by Robert McDonald and I like how it outlines the heritage barns that are on the site.

New Year's Eve fireworks


Stitching News or Better Late Than Never

I have two of my three Christmas hangings finished and on the wall.  I had left you at the point of trying some walking foot quilting.  That went amazingly well with only a few minor glitches.


I decided for the little boxes I would outline each box with three lines of quilting.


And for the trees, I made three sets of six lines each straight up and down the whole hanging.  Here it is on the kitchen island getting squared up with Hubby's help.  


I used cream coloured cloth to edge the trees; I figured they were bright enough already. The colours really popped against the wooden wall.


I made a border of the same squares as the boxes themselves for this hanging.  Here it is on my sewing room door.  It hasn't made it all the way out because I'm thinking of continuing the quilting in each square just to see what it would look like.




The machine quilting certainly speeds up the process.  However, I do enjoy hand stitching so had to resist the urge to keep one of these to quilt by hand.

Brite and Shiny is all ready for squaring up.  I hope to have it done this week.  That piece represents a lot of my time and effort but was so enjoyable.

And a bit of a mystery.
  I found this little tin among the Christmas boxes.  I'd not seen it before and was interested in what was rattling around inside.
  Saved from Hubby's youth passed along by his parents no doubt...


What do you think they are?

No comments :