Friday 24 February 2017

My Week This Week

Monday

I puttered around the house, cleaned two garbage containers, mopped the floors, did some laundry and put away two Christmas cloths that were still somehow hanging around. Surely Valentines must be the final cut off date to have Christmas stuff still about. :)
I did settle myself down around midday to do a little cross stitch.




The view from my Pet Chair.  I love working on this piece, the Cornwall Cottage Sampler, and it is moving along quickly.  You can just see my lap top screen there and I am listening to another audio book, Mary Queen of Scots by Jacob Abbot.

  Later in the day we had a nice drive to a nearby town and shared Chinese food with friends and that helped perk me up.


Tuesday

I got to spend the day with littler grandson and the evening with older grandson.
 I played Superheroes, Hide and Seek, read some books, and played more Super Heroes with Littler grandson who is on a real Super Hero kick.  With older grandson (who I get to sit twice a month when his mom works an evening shift) we went to Walmart and he checked out the electronics while I eyed the Keurig coffee makers. We went to McDonalds (where I indulged in a Skor McFlurry!), then to the library so I could return books and look at the new book collection while he sat and read some anime titles(or whatever that section is called). At a calm 12, he is like spending time with another adult now, more or less.
I got home at 11:30 pm, a very happy grandma.  It is my privilege and pleasure to spend time with the two of them.


Wednesday

We had to go to another funeral.  This time Hubby's 99 year old auntie (by marriage).  It was as one would expect saying good bye to someone so aged though Hubby has very fond memories of Christmases and get togethers spent at her house after they all emigrated to Canada. He also got to catch up with the cousins who had come from Bermuda for the funeral.  The two brothers emigrated to Canada and their sister went to Bermuda.

 When we got home, we walked the dogs. The three of them are thinking, take the picture already!


And then I got to work on one of my appliqued Tuesday Flowers block. It is so relaxing I must say.




I cut around the shapes on the back and removed the freezer papers and extra fabric.  Do you do that? 


Thursday

A totally " in the house" day except for the two walks with the dogs.  I worked out on the elliptical trainer first thing in the morning.  I try to get in at least 3 sessions a week but I don't push myself too much during them. I have upped the time from 20 minutes to 30 though; I figure if I'm going to do it I may as well make it count. I'm not fond of exercising but I do it because my body feels better for having done it.  But if I didn't have music to listen to, I don't think I could get through it.


A photo of my Purl Soho wool.  It had to be wound into balls which I didn't realize when I ordered it. Duh  That's my feet and Miss Murphy's paw and tail there.  Rex is outside the door blocking the hall. They definitely live up to the title of companion to me. And I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to sneak up on me. lol
I spent my stitching time yesterday with the little embroidery kit...Nancy's bird.


Friday - today



I am a homebody so this was a week with a  lot of "out" for me.  It is usually nothing like this.
For the next two days I'll make up for it...I'll be here, doing a little cooking, going to make chicken tortilla soup, very little cleaning, and a whole lot of stitching.
Hope your weekend is shaping up like that too!




No comments :